The Victory~~Will I Be Sorry?

missabbi

I booked the Victory for the Southern Carribean cruise in June of 2009. My DH & I are taking the grown children and their mates. I have been reading some bad reviews of the Victory...will I be sorry? :(

I dont think so... The negative reviews come mostly from the Canadian tours..

This is my least favorite ship.. but what I like and expect and what you like and expect will be two different perspectives.. Most cruisers that travel Victory to Caribbean love it

Enjoy it!!

I booked the Victory for the Southern Carribean cruise in June of 2009. My DH & I are taking the grown children and their mates. I have been reading some bad reviews of the Victory...will I be sorry? :(

You are going on one of the bigger ships offered through Carnival which will be changing intineraries to some awesome ports!

You need to take the bad reviews with a grain of salt since everyone has their own opinions...Just as I think the southern caribbean, as does a majority of cruisers:) , has awesome ports! If you love ports, then this is YoUr CrUiSe!!! As for the ship, I'll be sailing on her next month, and I've already decided, site unseen, that I'll love it!

Happy Cruisin:)

There are always people who write bad reviews about all ships. We've gone on ships and have a fabulous time, then we come back and someone writes about how terrible their experience was on the same ship/same time. We are booked on the Victory in January (24 of us) and we can't wait!

Hi,

We booked our cruise on Victory for May 2009 and it will be our first port-intensive cruise.

We had some concerns about stopping at a port each day, we really enjoy sea days but figure we can rest when we're dead! :o

I agree with previous posters, your vacation will be what you make it and I really take opinions with a grain of salt. I listen and embrace the positive ones and use the negative ones only AFTER I have experienced it. I often find that what is a big deal for some people, is not really important to me.

I am very optimistic that we will enjoy this trip as we have others, especially with the expense of flying to San Juan and hotel room expenses for 2 nites.

Good luck to you, it will be wonderful!!

Angela

The Victory was our very first cruise in '03 out of New York City to Newfoundland. Even though it was an inside cabin right beside my very best friend and her DH, we were hooked! DH and I will set sail on the Victory in November on the first southern carib. port-intense cruise. We're looking forward to going back like seeing an old friend. And yes, we will watch out for those sea-horses!:D :D

The Victory was our first cruise and we loved it! I posted a review of our trip in this forum. If you do a search for Victory reviews I think you can find it. If not, feel free to private message me. I too had seen some negative reviews before we sailed and was worried, but all the worry was for nothing. We are hooked because of Victory.

Which week are you going? We're also on this ship in January 09. This will be our second time on the ship and other than maybe needing a little facelift, our first time was awesome. Now that it's had its facelift, we have that out of the way. We've also done this itinerary before on the Destiny and it's the best Carnival has to offer (IMHO). This one even has one more island to add. I wouldn't worry at all. You'll have a great time with all these islands. Heck I could do this on a dinghy and still be happier than scraping ice back home in January!

DH & I just returned yesterday from the 5 day Canada cruise. We loved the Victory. The layout is a little confusing, but otherwise, we had no complaints. If you have Malcolm Burn as your CD, then you'll stay entertained and informed!

Archived