Princess, Disney, or RC?

nschille04

So, my finance and I have been discussing this whole cruise thing for the past week and we're going to go to a travel agent in the coming days. We'd like to go there with a pretty good idea of what cruise line would be best for us. We'd like to have about 35 guests, a deck wedding, and some sort of group meal that evening. Aside from those parameters, its also important to me that the whole thing seems classy (not cheesy, which I worry might be the case with Disney) and that the photographer is good. You have all been so helpful...would you mind letting me know which line would be best for this?

Also, if you had a deck wedding with any of the above mentioned cruise lines, would you mind posting or sending some photos? My finance is having a really hard time picturing a wedding "on a boat."

Well, if you want to be married on deck while at sea, your only cruise line is Princess who does this.

Disney requires you to be "legally" married in a back room prior to departure, then having a "fake" ceremony where you would like.

RCCL, well, even though I'm not going through TWE/RR I'm sailing to my wedding on Explorer of the Seas, so I'm slightly partial!

I know going through TWE/RR you don't know your location until a few weeks prior to your wedding date. I'm not sure if this includes deck weddings. Maybe some other brides can help here. Also if you're a bit of a control freak, I'd skip using them also.

Hope that helps!! GL in planning, and feel free to pick our brains!!

The only cruise lines that allow deck weddings are Princess and Celebrity. RCCL won't allow deck weddings. Princess and Celebrity weddings can be quite elegant but somewhat pricey compared to other cruise lines. Royal weddings are nice too! It just depends on what your expectations are. Royal and Celebrity offer a "Test the Waters" package where you can tour the ship and see the different locations on board. It gives you an idea of what a cruise ship wedding will be like, without all the stress of course! ;)

Happy planning!

A Disney cruise would make sense if you are having a lot of children attend. I have also heard from people that have been to Disney that the cruise doesn't compare and it was boring. I'm sure some people love it but a few I know didn't. I would choose one of the other lines for a wedding.

Archived