Snacks on room service menu?

Buckeyefan

When we sail on the Glory in March we have a late dinner seating (my brother in laws choice). Does room service have any cheese and crackers or something light to get us through those hours before late seating? When we cruised Disney they had a wonderful cheese and cracker tray that my daughter loved. Any suggestions?

Good idea, Long. Looking at the room service menu now. Several of the sandwiches, as well as bagels and cream cheese, would make a nice little snack. I ordered the "Crudites of Vegetables with Bleu Cheese Dip" on one cruise, and it was very tasty. I've also ordered the strawberry yogurt and whole fresh fruit. Slice the fruit and use the yogurt as a dip. (Somebody could always make a pizza run and bring some back to the cabin.):rolleyes: Ahhhh, the possibilities are endless!

Buckeyefan!!

We are going with you on the "Glory" March 19!!!

Can't wait!! Our first cruise, going with 14 other people. Do you have any kids going??? We have several ages 5-17.

Have you ever been on the Glory before???

Some people like room service so they dont have to leave the cabin while getting ready for dinner. Room service is also free except a tip of a buck or 2 when they deliver it.

Buffets are opened during reg breakfast, lunch and dinner hours. buffet also serves coffee and danish in the wee hours starting at 6:30 am. (they do close so they can clean and change over but it is not closed for long. (I think they serve dinner until 10pm) there is also a 24 hour pizza place that has awesome ceasears salad. then the grills which serve hamburgers and hotdogs. dont forget the deli that has nice carved lunchmeat sandwiches.

Here is a room service menu. what you see is what you get and cant order stuff that isnt on the menu.

breakfast room service

http://community.webshots.com/s/image15/7/85/74/162078574FOyrfy_fs.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/s/image9/7/64/14/114576414PfSdSF_fs.jpg

Room service is on the ball! Every morning, I order coffee and Danish or croissants as soon as I wake up, and before I can turn around, it's there...usually within 5 minutes, which is amazing to me. Same when I order late at night. (The roast beef and brie on baguette is wonderful.)

Kristi - I've never seen fajitas on the room service menu. (It wasn't listed on my 9/18 CTN menu.) I'm not a fajita fan, but aren't they served hot/warm?

Serene - I tried both those sites, and got the message 'You aren't authorized to view this webpage." :confused:

Cotton is right. They were there in a jiff. I would order coffee every morning and I used room service as a wake up call. They ask what time you want it delivered and they would call about 10 minutes before time to see if I was ready for it. Try the roast beef and brie, it was very good. Don't forget the chocolate cake!

bonny's

What excursions did you do for the Eastern???

We are planning on going to the Atlantis and just checking that out on our own, and then going back to the ship and looking around while people are off the ship on excursions.

St. Thomas

I want to take the ferry over to St. John and go to Cinnamon Beach and then do some shopping

St. Maarten

Not sure what to do here. I have a name of a lady that gives personal tours Joan's Tours 3/hours for $110.00 for 4 of us. Seemed very reasonable.

or I have read a lot of good reviews about the Golden Eagle Catamaran.

Since this is our first cruise we are overwhelmed with choices.

Love this website though, as it really makes first time cruising alot easier.

Let me know what you think of the above ideas and I am open for suggestions...

Thanks for your input,

Laurie

Veggie&blue cheese dip;fresh fruit&strawberry yoghurt;Fajitas-Yummy!!! Plus my pickier 7 year old likes that sort of food!! Sounds scrumptious!!! We are so excited already about the dining room food(new stuff to try) and the 24 hr.pizza!! We can hardly wait!!

Don't forget to try the Roast Beef and Brie Cheese on a fresh Baquette bun. It's totally delicious! I read about them here and ended up ordering them 5 days out of 7 for a snack in the room mid afternoon when we'd return from an excursion getting dressed for dinner. It was great to split with the SO and still leave a little room for dinner, too. You cannot get this sandwich at the deli on the Destiny- only room service just in case you like it...

If you go to webshots and search under room service menus they have the breakfast and regular menu that comes up. I LOVE the open face shrimp salad sandwich on a french roll. It is so good!!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/114573297/114576414PfSdSF

http://community.webshots.com/photo/161701206/162078574FOyrfy

Creole Girl - thanks for a copy of the menu - this gives me something to work on with my DD.

Laurie: Yes, we have kids going on the March 19th trip. 2 -- 11 year old girls and 1 7 year old - although they will be celebrating birthdays on the trip so make that 1 - 12, 1 -11 and 1 - 8. (They aren't all mine - my brother and sister in law are going also).

Kathleen

The second posting of the links are working for me, but not the first. Thanks for posting these, it was great to be able to see them. This will be my DH first cruise, he is going to love the room service and the extended deck. I think I may have trouble getting him out of the cabin. Please tell me there is no football broadcast into the cabins!

Archived