Rendezvous Key - Help!

eastexascruiser

There's been several posts regarding this excursion but not many responses. Has anyone been on any of the ship's excursions to Rendezvous Caye? I've been searching pretty hard and haven't found a private tour operator that will go to Rendezvous Caye.

If anyone has done this excursion, please share your experience!

I am concerned that the excursion is only 3.5 hours ... wonder if this is too short compared to going to Caye Caulker for the day w lunch. Thanks a bunch for your help!

Thanks that was nice to read an actual participant's review.

Eastexascruiser, One benefit, it looks like, to booking with the ship is that you do not have to tender into port thus saving time in transportation. If you booked with a private operator you would have to add on the time from Belize City. I found lots of private companies which go to the Caye, (web search of "Rendezvous caye") however they all appear to be part of a longer sailing visiting more cayes over several days. I also found a great picture, which is now on my desktop, but I haven't a clue how to do anything else with it.

Su

There are no private operators that go to Randezvous Caye simply because it is a privately operated Caye that is controlled by one Tour Operator in Belize who is in partnership with the Cruise Ships. This is the reason this tour is sold on the ships and sold for US$75. Goff's Caye is just a stone throw away from Randezvous Caye and they are both on the Barrier Reef. In fact, Goff's Caye is more on the reef! The snorkel at Goff's Caye is superb. The beach is still the best in Belize. It is natural, unlike the beach at Coral Sands which is man made and full of shells that hurt your feet ;) The snorkel tour to Goff's Caye can be purchased on the Tourism Dock. Two operators sell this tour, Snorkel Belize and Belize Rays, for only US$40. Last month I signed up with Belize Rays and did the Goff's Caye snorkel. It was wonderful. I saved US$35 and got to go out on an executive catamaran name "Angel Ray" (Check it out on the dock)

Carbon,

From what I have been able to find,I've decided snorkeling would probably be about the same at either Rendezvous or Goff's Cayes. Both cayes are less than an acre in area and you would snorkel in the near vicinity. Rendezvous has a 60 foot wall drop on one side. They are both in the same general area not too far apart,both located right on the barrier reef. Both are said to be great.

Su

Archived