What to do in St. Martin?

jim & Robin

We need some help on what to do in St. Martin. We will be there from 8 AM to 4 PM on November 6th. We are particularly interested in the glass slided boat ride but the one local company we contacted is full for that day. Anyone know of any others? I know the ship, the carnival legend, has them available but they are quite expensive through them. Also, my sister would like to know if they sell something called "black gold" on the island. I don't know anything about it so any help would be appreciated. One other thing, is it better to take a taxi for a private tour or an organized tour? There will be 5 adults in our party and we are not really interested in beaches. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

Jim - You're probably at an advantage if you're not interested in beaches. That way you can have a nice tour of the island without having to carve out a chunk of beach time in the middle of the day. The only other complication will be to allow time at Maho Bay to see the big planes and jumbo land.

A taxi tour will be much better for that number of people than a bus tour. This will not only be cheaper but will provide much more latitude to pick and choose what you want to see and adjust time accordingly. The driver will probably drop you off somewhere and pick you up again if there's a spot where you want to spend time e.g. Maho, Marigot, Butterfly Farm, Pic Paradise etc.

Archived