1st SHip arriving November 1st, 2004 :)

Island Marketing Cayman

We are booked on the Inspiration on Nov. 8. Due into GC on the 10th. We've been getting lots of different info from Carnival and our T/A as to whether we were going to GC or Costa Mesa. It looks like its official that we are going to GC. I just hope they aren't dropping us off in a "disaster zone". We are still recovering from Ivan's strike here in the Pensacola/Destin area. I would hate to be a tourist in Pensacola Beach right now. Lots of debris and destruction that hasn't been repaired. Matter of fact, they haven't even restored most utilities there yet. This will be our second visit to GC and hope we can enjoy it without interfering with their recovery efforts. Bon Voyage!

Don't worry, we have cleaned up tremendously. George Town looks quite "normal". If you venture further inland or along the Southern/Eastern coasts you will find pockets (in some areas - mounds) of debris. While there may be some buildings/homes that have been totally destroyed, most that have been damaged have or are being repaired. One effect of the hurricane is that our beaches have been replenished with tons of sand so they look great (although a little devoid of vegetation). So you can come and shop, go to the beach, stingray city, turtle farm, etc. Hope you enjoy your visit!

Thank you Janett for giving us more info on the conditions in GC. We are very relieved to hear that you are recovering so quickly. Can't wait to snorkle again in your beautiful waters and have some conch fritters at Paradise! See you in 11 days!

Wayne and Cathi:)

Current schedule - Don't think they are going to plan more than a couple of weeks in advance until they see how things are going.

I would think some land based tourists would be allowed back by then, also.

header1.gif

November 2004

Sun

Mon

Tues

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Inspiration

Imagination

Norwegian Spirit

Summit

Navigator of the Seas

Carnival Triumph

Oosterdam

Carnival Conquest

Radiance of the Seas

Coral Princess

Seven Seas Navigator

Splendour of the Seas

Norwegian Sun

Disney Magic

Carnival Miracle

Inspiration

Imagination

Star Princess

Mariner of the Seas

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Victory

Explorer of the Seas

Zaandam

Volendam

Holiday Dream

Thanks Matteo! We are on the Inspiration cruise that is stopping in Grand Cayman Nov 10th. Definately want to do some snorkeling!Have you heard any confirmation on the Inspiration for Nov 10th. We are very excited to visit Cayman and have been worried about our stop being canceled.

Everything seems to show that we will be there that day (I will be on the cruise with 3 of my friends). I hope it all works out but either way I am just very excited to be on vacation & a cruise at that!

Zydecocruiser Thanks for the info....I'm just concerned because there are 4 ships scheduled for 11/11 and the latest news is that only 2 ships per day were going to be allowed to stop in port. I wonder how and who decides which 2 ships will be the ones allowed to make a port call in Grand Cayman.

Thanks

What I posted is the new improved schedule. 2 ships/day was a suggestion, not a hard fact. The current plan is that 4 ships wil be in Grand Cayman on the 11th. It still could change, but that is the current plan and I don't expect any changes.

Even at 4 ships, that is well below pre-Ivan capacity, but still will be over 11,000 cruisers. Will put the system to a real test to see how fast they want to add addtional ships.

Grand Cayman Port Authority schedule page:

http://www.caymanport.com/schedule.htm

Grand Cayman Net News (same schedule as above, since the Port is the source):

http://www.caymannetnews.com/2004/10/747/ships.shtml

Per Carnival and Princess, all November sailings will vist Grand Cayman as originally scheduled.:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1197

From an email Carnival sent my TA:

> -----Original Message-----

> Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 4:25 PM

> Subject: Grand Cayman

>

>

> We will resume our calls to Grand Cayman starting with cruises departing

on 10/30/04 (Inspiration, Imagination and Carnival Triumph 10/30/04

departures; Carnival Conquest 10/31/04 departure). All November departures

and beyond will visit Grand Cayman as originally scheduled.

>

Of course the normal risks are still there - if seas are too rough, they may not be able to tender, etc.

I imagine we will start seeing first hand reports beginning tomorrow on how well it is working.

I'm going to be there on the 11th! It's going to be interesting. It's 4 ships on the 11th or bust!

no problemo.

This is the last I have on the docks:

Joseph Woods of the Port Authority told a Chamber of Commerce meeting last week that the south terminal could handle two cruise ships a day from 29 October.

Representing the Port Authority, Mr Woods added that the north terminal’s damage was serious and suggested that it would not be operational again until the end of November or early December.

http://www.caymannetnews.com/2004/10/744/cruiseships.shtml

FYI: As many of you know who have been to Grand Cayman previously, the cruise ships anchor off shore & tender passengers to shore to a terminal in center of G'Town where there are 2 docks for tenders. Somewhere in that general vicinity (I think to the north of that usual place) another tender dock (1 or 2) was under construction (or planned for construction) when Ivan hit.

FYI: As many of you know who have been to Grand Cayman previously, the cruise ships anchor off shore & tender passengers to shore to a terminal in center of G'Town where there are 2 docks for tenders. Somewhere in that general vicinity (I think to the north of that usual place) another tender dock (1 or 2) was under construction (or planned for construction) when Ivan hit.

2 more docks and someday a real cruise ship dock or two.

http://www.caymannetnews.com/2004/07/691/dock.shtml

I just called RCCL and was told that Jewel of the Seas may or may not make a port of call there on Nov. 18. More information would be available later next week. The agent that I spoke to said that they were opening the port slowly and adding ships as they go. It sounds good but nothing is for sure. Lets all keep our hopes up and keep checking

I sure hope the Jewell will make that stop. Family and I will be on the Nov/14th sailing. this will be a first time for us at Grand Caymans. this is how my emotions have been since the hurricane.:( then was told by RCCL that we would not go there.:mad: Then called back towards the end of Oct and has told that we will go to Grand Caymans.:) Then I sent a email to RCCL customer service to see if the Jewell was going to stop in Grand Cayman on the 18th of Nov and there email said that we will not be stoping in Grand Cayman.:eek: this is now how I feel about the whole stuation.:confused: Now I don't care if we go now, not going to let it ruin our cruise. but my wife will be dissapointed. Oh well if you get delt lemons make lemonade.

Everything seems to show that we will be there that day (I will be on the cruise with 3 of my friends). I hope it all works out but either way I am just very excited to be on vacation & a cruise at that!

See you on the cruise! We should have a wonderful time and a report yesterday said Grand Cayman is in fine shape. Have a ball with your friends. Maybe we can all grab a drink!

We have a tour scheduled with Native Way on 12/2 and I received an e-mail today from Sharon Ebanks stating there are two cruise ships in GC this week and the Conquest was one of them, so she is expecting to see us on the 2nd! I am looking forward to hearing some reviews from those of you who visit Georgetown before the 2nd. Thanks!!

Mfinn, we are also going on the Nativeway excursion 12/2!

We are doing the land and sea deal. What are you guys doing?

Some in our group want to add snorkeling at Barrier Reef.

Sharon is great! Can't wait to meet them if we can.

Well, get to packing:).

Julie

Hi JWcruiser04:

We are also going on the island and sting ray tour. I am really looking forward to it. Are you guys on the morning or afternoon tour? There are four of us and we are on the morning. Yes, Sharon at Native Way has been really nice to work with and has responded to all of my e-mails. I hope she is along so I can put a face to the e-mails! I started packing, I think it was, about two months ago!!! :)

Archived