Carnival VIP check-in at Tampa?

TDM516

I need to ask this question for a client of mine, so I am thanking you in advance for your help! Does Carnival have a VIP check-in lounge at the port in Tampa? That's one port I haven't sailed out of (but eventually hope to!). Any help greatly appreciated!

Not so much lounge as special area. Actually Tampa was the quickest port we ever disembarked from. We are platinum so our luggage was in a special area. We were first off after self assist. They offered valet parking when we arrived. Called as we picked up luggage.Cars were at door. Felt like a celebrity. Off the Legend at 8am Home in Orlando area by 9:30

Yes, they have a quick-and-easy VIP check-in at Port of Tampa. :)

For me, it was more of a private area off to the side than the special room of some locations.

I don't know if it's just our luck but I have sailed from Tampa three times as VIP. Each time we were with others that were not VIP. Every time the other people got checked in before us. That line in Tampa really moves and the check-in people at VIP (maximum 2) are not really very fast.

Last time we saw two families in front of us go in to VIP so we tried to go into the regular line but they said we needed to go VIP.

They go to the area off to one side with a couple desk. If boarding hasn't started they are walked to a little roped off area to sit and are taken on first after the wedding parties.

They have really been great with their VIP area the last couple years.

At most ports, VIP Check In comes in most handy if you arrive right after the 4 buses from the airport OR if the ship has been delayed for some reason.

We always arrive at the port at 10:30 to 11AM and are the first folks on the ship (after any weddings).

However, on the Holiday the ship was 5 hours late getting in due to fog...so EVERYONE was trying to get on at once.

Once we got through security, it took us about 10 minutes. It was wonderful.

So it is times that like that... I really love it!!

Archived