Best excursion for 2 and 10 year olds? Cabo, Mazatlan & PV?

jrun2008

First Cruise with the 2 year old! Help needed picking good excursions that might please all... and that would not be scary with a 2 year old.

We like just about everything but I do not think it would be easy to watch the 2 year old on some of these tours. Safety is a concern but we still want the 10 year old and the adults to have fun!:)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

We are going in November with my 8 yr old DD and the only thing I think would be OK for a two yr old would be the resort excursion. The kids can swim have lunch and play on the beach. The resorts are beautiful and it is very relaxing. There is an air conditioned motor coach that takes you to and from so no need to worry about taxi drivers.

That is what we are going to do.

Have a great cruise!

We are going in November with my 8 yr old DD and the only thing I think would be OK for a two yr old would be the resort excursion. The kids can swim have lunch and play on the beach. The resorts are beautiful and it is very relaxing. There is an air conditioned motor coach that takes you to and from so no need to worry about taxi drivers.

Just FYI - in Mazatlan, the resort excursion does not necessarily involve a bus. In my experience they send you to/from the Golden Zone in taxis. It's a drive that needs a car seat.

I do agree though after a few cruises with toddlers that beach excursions are the best, except in Cabo where my tots also liked the Land's End boat tour (which is only about an hour and has an inside area). It leaves right from the port, so no car seat is necessary. Then you could take a water taxi to the beach.

In Puerto Vallarta, we just walk to the Krystal. Playground, toddler pool, huge adult pool, nice beach, great food.

Best,

Mia

Just FYI - in Mazatlan' date=' the resort excursion does not necessarily involve a bus. In my experience they send you to/from the Golden Zone in taxis. It's a drive that needs a car seat.

I do agree though after a few cruises with toddlers that beach excursions are the best, except in Cabo where my tots also liked the Land's End boat tour (which is only about an hour and has an inside area). It leaves right from the port, so no car seat is necessary. Then you could take a water taxi to the beach.

In Puerto Vallarta, we just walk to the Krystal. Playground, toddler pool, huge adult pool, nice beach, great food.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Thanks for clarifying Mazatlan. I have only been on the resort excursion in PV so I should have been more specific.

We always book through the ship so you can look at which one goes by bus.

Thanks for the tip on Krystal. I will have to look into going that route.

That's it - though I don't remember seeing pictures of the kid's area on their website. Basically, there's a round, shallow toddler pool with a fountain in the center attached to the large regular pool area. The pool area is between the beach and the playground (which has climbing structures, slides and swings - but the sand and equipment get really hot as the day goes on).

Best,

Mia

Archived