Can't cruise till early 2011....opinion

glo1196

Ok, I am so dying to do the Oasis of the Seas. I can't cruise until 2011 because I am sending my oldest off to college next year. It is going to be quite interesting!

Anyway, Jan-March 2001 will probably be the time frame. You guys think the prices will become better by then? How long are they historically high? I know there is no definite time table and I am not going to hold anyone to what they say, just wondering what the experts who have cruised alot and done new ships think.

We just got off the Freedom and loved it. This ships just seems incredible. So any specualtions would be appreciated!

It's a valid question. Too bad you have to wait but w/ two teenagers of my own, I understand. My belief is that the prices will drop by about 15-20% or so, but probably no more. There would have to be a marked drop in consumer demand for big ship cruising for more discounts. That's just my opinion though. I am still working on my wife w/ a possible Dec '09 sailing and pending college tuition starting in '10 is causing us some hesitation. Don't think I wouldn't book on Friday if she said GO though.

Thank you for responding. When I did my first few cruises I did not know that these boards exsisted, so I am cluless on what happens when a new ship comes out. I paid 5K for 5 people in 2 inside cabins on Deck 7 on the Freedom on the 17th of August. I booked way late in March and I know I missed all the discounts it being summer and so late in booking. I would not mind doing that again...even though I would rather a JS for my next cruise, with the kids in an inside cabin.

If I can get something in the $1400 range pp for Jan-March 2011 I would do it. I heard that two people in an inside cabin was in the 5K range, and that is crazy!

Anyone else have an idea of what the prices may calm down to?

Ok, I am so dying to do the Oasis of the Seas. I can't cruise until 2011 because I am sending my oldest off to college next year. It is going to be quite interesting!

Anyway, Jan-March 2001 will probably be the time frame. You guys think the prices will become better by then? How long are they historically high? I know there is no definite time table and I am not going to hold anyone to what they say, just wondering what the experts who have cruised alot and done new ships think.

We just got off the Freedom and loved it. This ships just seems incredible. So any specualtions would be appreciated!

My youngest son also will be going off to college next year and I booked Oasis anyway since we don't need all the money at one time, we just put a deposit down, I would think the prices can also go the other way. It just depends on the demand. Thats also why we booked in the dead middle of hurricane season....its alot cheaper and your chances of being hit are just as much as if you book anytime in the summer.

My husband and I are booked on the Oasis of the Seas for 6/19/2010. Our youngest will be graduating in December of 2009. We said that when the last one was finished school we were treating ourselves to a cruise. So needless to say the timing of the Oasis of the Seas was just right for us.

Best of luck sending your children off to college next year. You are right it will be very interesting, but it will be a quick 4 years..:D

Archived