Adventure of the Sea Sailing 9/14/2008

We're going to be sailing this weekend out of San Juan, PR and I was hoping some of you could give me some tips about this particular cruise. I've heard rumors like it is illegal to wear shorts in down town Barbados. Any truth to that? Any info on this Ship or the Itenerary would be greatly appreciated. If anyone could point me to a review that a Member has written on this cruise that would be appreciated as well.

Thank you very much!

Now if someone could recommend a good hotel in San Juan I would be set. We plan to stay a few days after the cruise to enjoy PR.

My husband and I are sailing AOS on 9/14 also...check out the Meet & Mingle below, a lot of people are staying either a few days before or after sailing in PR:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=684673

Just got back from the AOS on Sunday also and will be happy to answer any questions that I can.

We have AT&T and had cell service throughout the whole cruise.

Absolutely no truth whatsoever to no shorts in Barbados! In Barbados, St Lucia, and Antigua the Compass did say that camouflage or military-type clothing is offensive and you could be fined for wearing it. Maybe that is where the rumor started. You will definitely want to wear shorts in Barbados- it's hot! :) :D

We're going to be sailing this weekend out of San Juan, PR and I was hoping some of you could give me some tips about this particular cruise. I've heard rumors like it is illegal to wear shorts in down town Barbados. Any truth to that? Any info on this Ship or the Itenerary would be greatly appreciated. If anyone could point me to a review that a Member has written on this cruise that would be appreciated as well.

LOL, that rumor is funny! No truth to it! Probably, as noted above, it is a corruption of the law against camouflage in St. Lucia and Antigua. That law came about because thugs were impersonating the military and robbing tourists.

Click on my AOS review link and make sure you have plenty of popcorn! It's a long one!

Archived