Halloween on Prinsendam

pstata

We are on the Prinsendam leaving Athens on 10/30/08. Halloween is our favorite holiday. Anyone know if others wear costumes? With the limit on luggage, don't want to take costumes if we won't be wearing them. Only info I get from my TA is that there will be some sort of Halloween function. Thanks for any help.

Easy to pack costume ideas:

• Toga – get an extra bed sheet from your steward
  • Masks take up little space in your luggage
  • Tux + martini glass and you’re James Bond
  • Wear black and call yourself a witch
  • Wear white and add white makeup to become a ghost
  • Add beads and a head band and you’re a “hippy”

On the Prinsendam you're sure to have fellow passangers who remember the "old days" when costume balls were prat of the cruie experience and be prepared to dress up using everyday items.

Aunty Pat

Pstata,

I don't know the answer, but I did notice that you are new to the board. If you go under Roll Calls for HAL, you will find a thread for this cruise. We have quite a few people and you could join our group. None of us are "tied to the group", so you can join us when you want, and be on your own when you want.

Our family spent last Halloween on the Veendam whilst on the western Caribbean swing. Some dressed up and most did not. One young couple brought along a complete "Pirates of the Caribbean" outfits including the guns. Needless to say they were detained at customs when boarding and partially held us from departing along with other matters. After supper all went to the Crows Nest for a party. We went up later but it did not seem too busy. Each to his own I guess. Colakid

Archived