Snorkel Any Advice

1st Timmers

Has anyone been on... Fury Snorel Catameran and Beach Party or Deluxe Reef Snorkeling and Beach Break (going to Cozumel National Marine Park - Paraiso and Dzul Ha Reefs) Any thoughts on either of these? Anything else that you could recommend? We are booking our excursions and want to try and get the best snorkel trips.

Thanks for the feedback

Has anyone been on... Fury Snorel Catameran and Beach Party or Deluxe Reef Snorkeling and Beach Break (going to Cozumel National Marine Park - Paraiso and Dzul Ha Reefs) Any thoughts on either of these? Anything else that you could recommend? We are booking our excursions and want to try and get the best snorkel trips.

Thanks for the feedback

If you like to drink and enjoy a little snorkeling its a good trip, but dont expect great snorkeling.

If you like to drink and enjoy a little snorkeling its a good trip, but dont expect great snorkeling.

Ken is correct. This is more of a booze cruise with some snorkeling thrown in than a snorkel focus trip.

If your primary interest is quality snorkeling, I think you should look else where. I'd pick something like this tour:http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/CozumelSnorkelingTour.htm

OR you could go to Playa Palancar and do the snorkel tour they offer that departs from their beach.

OR you could contact Tom at Paradise Beach club and he can arrange for a tour to pick you up from his beach club.

Do you know why the Planacar snorkel has a weight limit? It is a floating snorkel and my husband is currently a little over the weight limit?

It may have something to do with getting back into the boat. The boats that they use have a V bottom and a ladder that follows the contour of the boat, so it makes it difficult to climb back into the boat without help from the guides.

When we took a snorkel tour in Costa Maya one of the guides helped us back into the boat and it was pretty funny. Here is this small mexican pulling my 200# butt up the ladder. To be honest I was really trying to pull him into the water. He was a stout little fellow.:rolleyes:

Archived