Is the ship full?

4bellablue

when i did a "pretend" booking for the gem..i found a cruise for 2/20/09 out of new york? NCL is showing a few catagories sold out, but still have cabins.

Hi, thanks but i thought there was a way to find out if the ship was full. I did do what you said and i put in 2 people in a balcony and it said no rooms available for this many people.

I have 2 insides booked I was wondering how long i can wait to see if i can get an upgrade tp a balcony. Would they advertise close to sailing. I have tp pay in full the end of November.

thanks

some travel companies reserve groups of cabins...when final payment is due, if not sold, they release those cabins back to NCL.

there is no way to know, for sure, what is going on until then.

i did see that the BAs were not listed, unavailable for sale....

if you really want a balcony, i would call and see what price they gave me. i wouldn't hold my breathe for a free upgrade, they aren't as available as it seems reading CC...many us have never gotten an upgrade (or even an upsell offer)

you can call to check on an upsell at any time...the upsale calls from NCL won't start until they see what cabins haven't sold.

"full" is one of those things that the cruise industry has a fudge factor for. When we think of full we mean all the rooms filled. You can have empty rooms and still be full. Cruise ships are considered full if 100% of the lower berths(two to a room) are booked even if its because 3 or 4 are in some rooms. A cruise is not really full/full until its about 130% fulll(you can see the maximum capicity listed in the documents that the coast guard provides the ship which will list the total maximum capacity. the next time I am on a ship, I'll start taking pictures of one of these. So with 4 and 5's possible in some rooms, a ship can be at its maximum legal capacity and still have a vacant room. Feb 21 is presdients week. You can be assured the ship WILL BE full/full with lots of kids as well,,,,

"full" is one of those things that the cruise industry has a fudge factor for. When we think of full we mean all the rooms filled. You can have empty rooms and still be full. Cruise ships are considered full if 100% of the lower berths(two to a room) are booked even if its because 3 or 4 are in some rooms. A cruise is not really full/full until its about 130% fulll(you can see the maximum capicity listed in the documents that the coast guard provides the ship which will list the total maximum capacity. the next time I am on a ship, I'll start taking pictures of one of these. So with 4 and 5's possible in some rooms, a ship can be at its maximum legal capacity and still have a vacant room. Feb 21 is presdients week. You can be assured the ship WILL BE full/full with lots of kids as well,,,,

Thanks much I know it's going to have many kids, I am bringing my 8 year old son and 15 year old daughter. I am hoping there will be some friends for my son to play with.

Thanks again

Your son will have a blast. Last year we had our 2 8 year olds and our 6 year old- they all made their own sets of "buddies" at kids camp. And the staff was great-knew all their names by the end of the first session!

Have a great trip!

k:)

Thanks K

I am really excited because I never have had a vacation with out our children. It is going to great knowing that my kids, well my son is having as good a time as we are. Can't wait to have a nice dinner alone.

Archived