Coral Bump-Out Balconies

RS79

My wife and I just booked balcony cabin C422 on the Caribe deck of the Coral Princess (for an Alaskan cruise from Vancouver). This is in the middle bump-out section of the ship. Have other people cruised in this middle bump-out section? If so, how was it? Should we have any concerns? Thanks.

I too would like to hear more about these cabins as we are booked in one ( CO - C426) also.

How big is the balcony?

When standing at the rail of the balcony, can you see straight down into the water, or does the deck below jut out?

Cruised on Coral May 28, 2007 SB from Anchorage. We were in B416 and brother was in B503. We were the outer rooms of bump out. Did find that our balcony was colder when sailing where as brothers balcony had divider breaking the wind from front of ship. Would not have traded though because being able to see every thing in front of ship without divider was wonderful.

Found that everyone above and below from front of ship to back could see us on the deck since we were on end of bump out. Didn't bother me at all but may not be for everyone. You being in C422 in the middle and with some covering will probably be a little better.

You do feel like you are are right on top of the water which is great. You are also pretty close to elevators and stairs which makes it easier to get around.

We're sailing on Sapphire in 2009 to Alaska and they do not have bump outs and so I'll see which is a better option.

Coral and Island bumpout cabings are wonderful. We were in one on Baja for my very first cruise (on the Coral), and on Caribe deck on the Island, The visibility from those bumpout cabins is better that non-bumpouts, because there's nothing impeding your view.

I would not care to be in the cabin at the front of a bumpout, because there would be nothing to protect you from the wind. Just the forward motion of the ship when it is cruising along in the open sea will give you steady winds of 23-25 mph. It could be even stronger if Mother Nature decides to add some weather-related wind to that. We chose cabins in the middle of the bumpouts.

Coral and Island bumpout cabings are wonderful. We were in one on Baja for my very first cruise (on the Coral), and on Caribe deck on the Island, The visibility from those bumpout cabins is better that non-bumpouts, because there's nothing impeding your view.

I would not care to be in the cabin at the front of a bumpout, because there would be nothing to protect you from the wind. Just the forward motion of the ship when it is cruising along in the open sea will give you steady winds of 23-25 mph. It could be even stronger if Mother Nature decides to add some weather-related wind to that. We chose cabins in the middle of the bumpouts.

On my last cruise I was in Suite C422 on the Sapphire and thought it was the BEST ever.

I booked that same suite on the Star for my next cruise to SA.

The balcony is large and partially covered. You can see down to the water and it is just perfect. I can't wait!!!

We were on the Coral to Alaska in D502, just below the Caribe bumpout (partially covered). Loved the location. We feel very fortunate to have been able to book C419 on the Coral for the Panama Canal in Jan. We've asked our TA to allow NO upgrades. I think this is a very nice location and is very private! Happy sailing.

Archived