Do you need a water camera with a flash for the cave tubing?

eyern

YOu will need flash while in the caves...but I have to say that the caves werent super photographic on the insides, the real views were outside of them. During part of the caves there will be no light at all other than the head lamps you will be wearing.

Thanks. I guess I will stick with the camera I bought. It would be nice to atke my digital, but that's way too risky. We will also be doing the ATV ride. It sounds like it's safe to have my real camera in the bus while we tube, right? Are there any photo ops while atv'ing or is it worth carrying the camera on that also?

I can not comment on the ATV riding, we did not do this...but i have heard that you can get VERY muddy!

But we did take in our regular digital camera into the caves, we had it sealed in a double layer of ziplock bags. The water is very smooth, no rapids or anything like that. We took the camera out a couple times when there werent tons of people around splashing (that was the only time that there could have been water thrown on the cam). We were just VERY careful not to drop in the water!

And yes, your stuff will be safe left on the bus while you are on the excursion, they were very professional.

Archived