Atlantic canada fly aweigh program please help

lynncafe

Hi,

My family will cruise for the first time in dec. I booked carnival fly aweigh program leave from Moncton, NB Anyone has any idea which airline carnival tend to use often or would it will be better to fly from Halifax,NS instead there is $200 in price for 4 of us in 2 cabins

Thank you for your help and comments..:)

My wife and I use the Carnival Fly Aweigh program. We have always flown Air Canada, and our next cruise is Air Canada as well.

We always check prices, but the Fly Aweigh program seems to be very competitive. As you probably know, air travel from this end of the world tends to be a bit on the expensive side, so getting the benefit of Carnival's size seems to pay off. Plus, we like that we get the room for the night before 'thrown in":rolleyes: ...I know it is probably built in there somewhere, but I tell myself that it is free.

Mike from Nova Scotia, Canada Eh!

My wife and I use the Carnival Fly Aweigh program. We have always flown Air Canada, and our next cruise is Air Canada as well.

We always check prices, but the Fly Aweigh program seems to be very competitive. As you probably know, air travel from this end of the world tends to be a bit on the expensive side, so getting the benefit of Carnival's size seems to pay off. Plus, we like that we get the room for the night before 'thrown in":rolleyes: ...I know it is probably built in there somewhere, but I tell myself that it is free.

Hi there Mike from Nova Scotia, just came back from spending 10 days in Halifax..love it.. One question when you use the flyaway program do they fly you direct to your cruise terminal destination? say for example direct from Nova Scotia to FLL..or are you up and down making connections?

Hello from Moncton...

We used the Carnival Fly Away program back in 2006 because we were told that they would fly us in the day before the cruise and put us up in a hotel. They ended up booking us on Air Canada the day of the cruise, flying into Miami at 1PM with a transfer to Fort Lauderdale for our cruise leaving at 4PM.:eek: It ended up being a very stressfull day which is why I don't want to use this program anymore. We booked with Aeroplan points for our April 2009 cruise and are flying in 2 days before we cruise.

Another hello from Moncton here. I try to fly out of Moncton whenever possible. I've usually been very successful in getting airfare cheaper than Carnival. I too, fear that I will be put on a "same day of the cruise" flight. Did that in 2004, and nearly missed our cruise. Plus, we had to drive to Fredericton to catch our flight. Since our flight from Mctn had been cancelled.

Good Luck !!!

Joanne

Another Monctonian here ... I booked through Aeroplan points as well, flying out two days before. I would never chance flying out the day of a cruise from Atlantic Canada. I travel alot and cannot tell you how often flights are cancelled or delayed. I never even considered the flyaway program. I do know that if you check prices regularly through Air Canada, Continental and Westjet, you may just happen upon a seat sale at which time you BOOK!!! I do love a good sale :D

Bonne chance!! ;)

Hi there Mike from Nova Scotia, just came back from spending 10 days in Halifax..love it.. One question when you use the flyaway program do they fly you direct to your cruise terminal destination? say for example direct from Nova Scotia to FLL..or are you up and down making connections?

We never fly direct. There is always a stop in Montreal or Toronto, but with an early AM flight, we are still in Miami between 12 noon and 1 pm.

We have always had our flights through Carnival scheduled for the day before we sail. I wonder if Moncton may have a more limited schedule than Halifax? Just a thought.

Hey there we are in Saint John and always book ourselves as we have found that cheaper. we always go down day before as you never know when an old fashioned Nor'easter is going to come through and this gives you time to see your departure port. You should also look at going out of Maine. Our first cruise we flew from Bangor and it was much cheaper. We are going on the Miracle in Feb. and got our air out of Portland Maine for less than half what Air Canada wanted.

This is kind of cool speaking to all Atlantic Canadians. We tried booking fly aweigh through carnival, but also found they wanted to fly us in the day of and we felt it was just to close for comfort. We switched and booked ourselves. We always fly out of Bangor and find rates much cheaper. Next time we are considering Portland which seems to be cheaper still. Best of luck whatever you decide. Oh by the way we are living just outside Woodstock, but are both from Saint John. We have enjoyed the occasional trip to the city when we have gotten to see cruise ships in port. I see on the CBC web site that they have a web cam of the harbour, so you can get a glimse of them. Just something else to fuel the dream.

Thank you so much for all the comments

It is great to see all atlantic canada here.

I still can't decide whether to use the program or not

anyone know any cheaper site to book for air ticket to miami?

By the way, Mike I talked to my TA and she said if I choose to fly from halifax I may or may not provide a one night hotel stay, hmm I don't want to take any risk doing that. But some of you had departed from Moncton and ended up leaving the same day sigh :(

Please let me know if you have any comment or advices I will be on the Valor this dec. Thanks guys

Hi all,

Checking in from Fredericton. We have a group going down in January and are flying to Tampa... if you don't mind balancing a bit of a drive with saving some money, I have found that it's just about always cheaper (the exceptions being when you can fly on points or catch a seat sale), to drive down to Maine to fly. We're flying from Bangor (3 hours from F'ton) the day before our cruise... the cost is about $300 CDN a piece... which saved all 11 of us each between $400 and $600 CDN against the prices of flying out of Fredericton, Moncton, Saint John or Halifax. And we don't have to do deal with picking up our luggage and customs in Toronto or Montreal. We hit customs as we cross the border, check our luggage in Bangor, and pick it up in Tampa. Much easier.

Cheers!

Archived