My Ventura Weekender review and photos

LibraLass41

Stacker, my kids prefer Oceana, your kids prefer Oceana, but I would suggest the statement from Libra is probably generally true.

I would say that generally kids on ventura were having a great time just mine are a bit old for kids clubs now.

The ships themselves are aimed at different people too so i depends where you come from. If you prefer a less formal cruise or are a first timer, Ventura will be great for you.

I have cruised many times and I prefer formality and less bustle, two of the main reasons I prefer Oceana to Ventura.

Gerrym, I agree with you up to a point, I have also seen children, including mine, having a great time on both our Ventura Cruise's, but at the moment on Ventura there are certain issues with the childrens facilities that need to be addressed.

But which ship is the best for children will always be up to individual families.

What I cannot understand is people making misleading observations about a subject about which they have no experience.

Ventura is the best ship in the pando fleet for children,

I am afraid that my family and others do not agree with this statement,

on what experience do you base this other than P&O hype.?

I am sorry if you don't agree with this statement , IT WAS MY OPINION on a discussion about Ventura v Independence asked for by StopGO.... we are all different.

You are new to this site, how strange to come on here and be so aggressive!

Give some input instead of attacking people perhaps?

It was your statement based on no particular experience, which to some people could be misleading. How can it be your personal opinion when you have not been on some of the ships your opnion is based on.

My Input was not designed to be a personal aggressive attack, and I am sorry if you have taken it as such, I may be new to this particular forum, but any input and opinions I enter into in the future, I will try to base on fact inline with my cruising experience.

I am sorry if you don't agree with this statement , IT WAS MY OPINION on a discussion about Ventura v Independence asked for by StopGO.... we are all different.

You are new to this site, how strange to come on here and be so aggressive!

Give some input instead of attacking people perhaps?

Well said Sue, you expressed your opinion as an observation having been on both ships. Your reviews are always interesting and well balanced, I look forward to reading about Artemis as our friends are spending the New Year on her. I've sailed on IOS and will be going on Ventura in a few weeks time. It will be interesting to see how they compare. It's unfortunate that too often on this pando forum posters spoil what should be a friendly and informative discussion. I find this very sad particularly as I have not found this to be the case on the other forums. It will be our first time on pand and I hope this is not an indication of the type of pax we will encounter.

It was your statement based on no particular experience, which to some people could be misleading. How can it be your personal opinion when you have not been on some of the ships your opnion is based on.

My Input was not designed to be a personal aggressive attack, and I am sorry if you have taken it as such, I may be new to this particular forum, but any input and opinions I enter into in the future, I will try to base on fact inline with my cruising experience.

Ok , ok I take what you have said 'onboard' and agree with your points.

VENTURA may not be the best child friendly ship in the fleet then, despite HO saying it is. I have even created a poll on pando cruise connections to ask families for their opinion as well to learn more about this subject and the only two ships being voted on is Oceana and Ventura at the moment.

Perhaps you would like to tell us all why Ventura isn't as good as expected at providing a good time for the children?

Sorry StLucia

But lets look at the Facts, Libralass has only been on 4 cruises, 3 of them on a child free ship. The other 2 being weekenders . None of them on Oceana or Oriana.

I see she is even doing a poll on another forum to justify her statement.

But the point is:-

She gave advice, or made a statement, call it what you like, based on something she knew very little about.

And I objected to it.

Thats it.

If she was right or wrong is not the point.

Anyhow I think we should all agree to differ, and leave it at that.

Sorry Libralass, I think our posts crossed in cyberspace.

With regard to why I think Oceana is preferable to Ventura with regard to children facilities, is because my children and friends children think it is.

I would also say it depends on the age of the child, and different families will quite rightly have different opinions.(based on experience I hope)

Perhaps for older children certain facilities on Ventura have the edge, But for younger children there are issues which the youth staff onboard and P&O are well aware of. Two main ones being the depth of the pools, and the younger childrens paddling area. in fact of the 30 days we have spent onboard, the latter was out of action for 29 of them.(and it's not teething problems).

The exact details were outlined in great detail and accuracy on another forum, sorry I cant remember which one or by whom, and have been forwarded to P&O.

If P&O had paid enough attention to the child facilities on Ventura,s design as the say they have, then this discussion would not be taking place, as Ventura would be on a different level compared to the other ships. After all it is brand new,"Designed for Britain" and Oceana is an 8 year old converted American ship.

Anyway I think it about time we called a truce.

DEAL or NO DEAL?????

• 3 months later...

Archived