Trans-atlantic (Italy/USA)

StarPilot1960

Has anyone done any of the trans-atlantic cruises?

My wife and I will celebrate 20 years together in Dec of 2010. We are starting to plan what we want to do now. So far we know we want to visit Italy for 2 weeks. This would include being there over Christmas. I've suggested finishing that off with a cruise from Rome back to Florida. So now we are gathering info. :cool:

If Carnival's schedule for 2008/2009 holds for 2010 then we are outta luck as they don't have that cruise in late Dec or Jan. I've taken a quick peek at a couple of other cruise lines and they don't have any in late Dec/early Jan either. :(

Please, feel free to pipe up with suggestions and places to look.

I've been on transatlantics on both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. I know Holland America also has them. The westbound TA's are usually in the late SEptember through early December time frame.

I'm on Celebrity Equinox transatlantic next November from Rome.

Terri

We did a transatlantic from Barcelona to Miami this past Dec. 2 on RCCL. I thought we and the Celebrity Millenium were the last to leave Europe, both on that day. The previous poster suggested Cunard and I believe they are right. Though the "off season" for transatlantics is getting shorter, I don't believe there is one that late/early in the season.

Carnival typically offers two x-atlantic sailings per ship that is scheduled to sail in Europe per year. One in the Spring (to Europe) and one in the fall (from Europe). This is simply because its when they send their ship(s) to and from that region. I will tell you though that these sailings are a BARGAIN! Sometimes you can snag a balcony cabin for around $50 a day per person which, being that it includes all your meals and entertainment, thats a real good price. Just be prepared for a lot, a lot, a lot of sea days...I think a 16 day has only 6 port days, and 10 sea days.

You might want to check the transatlantic schedule of the Cunard QM2. It is the last liner to make scheduled TA crossings. My wife and I take it every time it fits into our schedule going to or coming from Europe. There are inexpensive flights from Rome to London.

Archived