Transport from QM2 Brooklyn berth

navylark

The Navylarks are going transatlantic on Sept 21st to New York from Southampton. We will have to get transport from the Brooklyn berth to Newark airport.

Does anyone know if there is bus transportation to Newark from the berth or are taxis the only option. As we are part of a party of four - all with luggage - then the bus would be much preferred- if there is one.

Many thanks

Navylark

Navylarks...since no one as come to your aid yet, let me give it a try. I live in NJ, am somewhat familiar with NYC, but don't have the detailed expereince that others seem to have. With that said, there is no bus that I know of that goes to Newark...unless Cunard is running something. SO that leaves a cab. Yellow cabs in New York are sometimes reluctant to travel to New Jersey though. An alternative is to hire a private car / limo service to meet you at the pier. I have so specific recommendations for Brooklyn, but search this site. I know that some posters have made recommendations for car services in Brooklyn.

Hope this helps

Navylarks, as you are 4 people with associated baggage (excuse me ladies:) ) I would suggest that a yellow cab would be too small. You will have a journey time on 1 hour minimum (very dependent on time and day of travel). My suggestion would be either take the Cunard tour which ends up at Newark if the timings work but you will be paying 4 times the fare. So that being the case you might want to rent a van/suv. One company that has been recommended is Dial7 limos (212-777-7777) who charge around $50 from Manhattan to EWR so maybe 75 from Red Hook. Google New York Limos or Airport Transfers for more choices. If time permits you may be able to rent the van for a few hours sightseeing before rushing to the Airport to be mistreated and wait for hours. Whatever you do enjoy the Ship. Jim

Archived