3 adventure of the seas questions

obsessedsc

1. how long does it take to get to the airport from the port? what should be the earliest flight booked home?

2. trying to pick between the Intercontinental, Marriott, and Caribe Hilton for the night before. i really like the swim up bar in the pictures of the intercontinental. any other reasons to pick one over the other?

3. booking first balcony- we like deck 8- near the elevators/ royal caribbean online- which side is better? i hear talk about port/starboard side. i'm guessing port side is what people want and which side is that when looking at the deck plans?

thanks so much CC!

planning for June 7th, 09 (its my motivation/therapy for getting through these next months of nursing school)

1) It takes about 20 minutes.

2) Can't really answer this one....we stayed at the El Convento in Old San Juan. (really enjoyed it)

3) The starboard side (right side as you're looking forward) is where we were. We also had 8th deck, balcony. I believe this is the side that faces the pier in most of the ports.

It's about a 20 minute cab ride from the airport.

Don't know about those hotels.

We were in 8618 &8616 Great rooms on the hump but wish we were on the other side. We only had view of port buildings every port, but I think it changes so if you can get hump rooms on either side these are great rooms.

1. how long does it take to get to the airport from the port? what should be the earliest flight booked home?

2. trying to pick between the Intercontinental, Marriott, and Caribe Hilton for the night before. i really like the swim up bar in the pictures of the intercontinental. any other reasons to pick one over the other?

3. booking first balcony- we like deck 8- near the elevators/ royal caribbean online- which side is better? i hear talk about port/starboard side. i'm guessing port side is what people want and which side is that when looking at the deck plans?

thanks so much CC!

planning for June 7th, 09 (its my motivation/therapy for getting through these next months of nursing school)

1. About 20 minutes. Book a flight at 11:00am or later for no worries.

2. I would rate the 3 hotels in order of preference: 1. Marriott 2. Intercontinental 3. Caribe Hilton. (See my review for loads on the Marriott)

3. Go with port side, that will get you a view of Old San Juan and the forts as you sailaway. Other than that, sometimes the ship goes bow first in port and sometimes stern, it all depends on wind, currents and other ships in port at the time, so you can never know which side of the ship will have the view you want in a given port.

3. Go with port side, that will get you a view of Old San Juan and the forts as you sailaway.

Are you sure on the "port" side? We were just on the ship and as the Ship is leaving San Juan harbor, the port side is on the left when facing forward and the Fort/Old San Juan is on the starboard (right) side when facing forward as you leave the harbor. :D We stood on our Starboard side balcony as we sailed away and looked at Old San Juan and El Morro fort as we cruised by.

It's about a 20 minute cab ride from the airport.

Don't know about those hotels.

We were in 8618 &8616 Great rooms on the hump but wish we were on the other side. We only had view of port buildings every port, but I think it changes so if you can get hump rooms on either side these are great rooms.

We are booked in 8318 in 2010.....it's a long way off, but we are still excited. Do those rooms have bigger balconies? We've never had a hump cabin.....what are the advantages, in your opinion?

Are you sure on the "port" side? We were just on the ship and as the Ship is leaving San Juan harbor, the port side is on the left when facing forward and the Fort/Old San Juan is on the starboard (right) side when facing forward as you leave the harbor. :D We stood on our Starboard side balcony as we sailed away and looked at Old San Juan and El Morro fort as we cruised by.

Oops! Right, starboard side is facing the forts as the ship backs in and then pulls out forward.

We were just on an AOS Starboard side balcony deck six last week. Quite frankly I don't really think it matters which side. You will see good sunsets off the starboard side going down and off the Port side coming back. I will say that the port side actually faced the pier in most of the ports but not all of them.

That's ok, most people get sides confused anyway. I only know because I have been a boater for years!:)

I'm a boater too. (One of my old boats had it marked on the windshield.) Just not getting much sleep lately since we just had a baby! To compound things we had 2 corner afts on our AOS cruise so we could switch back and forth depending on who had the best view. Forgot we were in mom's cabin for sailaway on the starboard side, our cabin was on the port side.

I'm a boater too. (One of my old boats had it marked on the windshield.) Just not getting much sleep lately since we just had a baby! To compound things we had 2 corner afts on our AOS cruise so we could switch back and forth depending on who had the best view. Forgot we were in mom's cabin for sailaway on the starboard side, our cabin was on the port side.

Congratulations on your baby. I surprised your awake enough to even realize you were on a cruise and not just a dream! Sometimes (even though I have never had a baby being male) I mis-speak and mean something else until someone points it out to me. I guess we are all just human, though I question that sometimes on these boards with some people!;)

That's ok, most people get sides confused anyway. I only know because I have been a boater for years!:)

We are boaters, too. Here's how I remember:

Long words are on the right.....

Right

Starboard

Green (channel markers)

Short words on the left.....

Left

Port

Red (channel markers)

Archived