EMPRESS OF THE SEAS

shp_ne_shipharbor_img_175.jpg

A renamed and renovated Nordic Empress is on its way.

There are some exciting changes happening onboard Nordic Empress. You can look forward to more dining, entertainment and fitness options, as well as a refreshed décor throughout the ship.

But the biggest news of all may be its new name. Once all of the renovations are complete, Nordic Empress will be officially renamed Empress of the Seas and begin sailing out of our new port, Cape Liberty Cruise Port, NJ (NY Harbor).

Here are just some of the changes happening on board:

An expanded ShipShape® Day Spa and Fitness Center, including a new beauty salon with ocean views, upgraded fitness equipment and a new aerobics floor.

Portofino, our Italian specialty restaurant that offers an intimate and romantic dining atmosphere, will be opening in late May.

Boleros, our Latin-themed lounge, will take the place of the High Society Lounge on Deck 6.

The Schooner Bar, a Royal Caribbean signature bar, will move to Deck 5 in place of the Carousel Pub.

Staterooms will be refurbished, including upgraded bathrooms (some with new marble flooring), and new carpets, linens and artwork.

The main dining room will be refreshed with a new décor, including furnishings, wall sconces and fabrics.

A new coffee bar and ice-cream shop will be added, featuring Seattle's Best Coffee® and Ben & Jerry's® Ice Cream.

All of this and more are underway as we speak, with the total transformation to Empress of the Seas to be completed just in time for Bermuda sailings this May. Photos of the renovation and more refurbishment updates will be coming soon, so be sure to check back later.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT SHIP.. I LOVE THE SMALL SHIPS AND THAT IS MY FAVORITE.. I CAN'T WAIT TO STAY ON THE OLD SAN JUAN AT 8:00 P.M. ALL FRIDAYS AND MONDAYS AND SEE THAT SHIP, CAUSE, IS MY FAVORITE AND I LOVED....

WHICH IS YOUR OPINION?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nordic Empress - 2/2001, Nordic Empress - 12/2001, Nordic Empress - 2/2002, Nordic Empress - 4/2002, Adventure of the Seas - 11/2002, Serenade of the Seas - 11/2003

What Next?

Adventure of the Seas Again 10/17/04...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;10;17;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Empress of the Seas 11/15/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;11;15;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived