Cool Runnings Tours "reoccurring complications"???

J & G

In looking for a snorkel tour where we can swim with the sea turtles, I see that Cool Runnings Catamaran Cruises has the following statement on their website:

*Please note that we are unable to accommodate cruise ship passengers due to reoccurring complications experienced in the past. *

“Bookings made prior to April 1st 2008 are not affected.”

Does anyone know what sort or complications are referenced here?

There is loads of information on this forum about this issue. Without searching back, my memory tells me it has to do with a) cruise ship passengers' tight schedules and b) no shows from cruise ships.

Glad that they can make money by cutting out a large part of the market--most vendors can't do that!

There is loads of information on this forum about this issue. Without searching back, my memory tells me it has to do with a) cruise ship passengers' tight schedules and b) no shows from cruise ships.

Glad that they can make money by cutting out a large part of the market--most vendors can't do that!

I guess I am new enough to this particular forum, that I have not seen this info....but now that you say it was here, I have looked WAY back and found it.

It is amazing that a fairly small operation in a resort location can afford to cut out such a large portion of their potential market. Seems like there has to be a better way to deal with these "complications"....other tour guides and vendors have figured it out!

Oh well....their loss!

Thanks for the info!

I actually know from personal experience why this is. In fact it was immediately following our cruise last year that this came about.

Last Spring we sailed with Celebrity, our friends sailed with Carnival and we had this port in common.

Someone from our cruise, and roll call group contacted Cool Runnings and passed the information on. Through this one connection about 15 people booked with Cool Runnings for that day, including our friends on Carnival.

Before sailing, we received conflicting arrival information so the CR people contacted the port directly and it seemed all straightened out.

Unfortunately, as it turned out the arrival times were an hour off. They ended up leaving us and heading out with a very light passenger count. They had our friends and one or two other couples. I think 10 of us watched them sail past us on the shore.

When you have more than one ship in port, and people booked from both ships...if the times don't coincide, you end up losing out or cancelling.

We ended up taking a cab to the exact location that the cat sailed to. The weather was terrible that day, and the $160 we had expected to spend...went a really long way on food, drinks and local art.

Everyone was still able to snorkel with the turtles. My husband actually swam out to the Cat and climbed aboard to hang out with our friends for a bit.

The people from CR told the passengers that day..."as of today, due to the conflicts we will no longer be able to accept cruise ship passengers in the future."

On a side note...our friends and the other couples told CR that they didn't mind waiting for us.

We all gathered on board, before the ship even docked. We all got off together and literally ran to the meeting spot. They missed us by about 15 minutes.

Archived