Visa's for Turkey

kathki

We are traveling on the October 13th Jade out of Turkey. We know we need visas but are wondering if anyone waited until they arrived at the Istanbul airport to get their visa and if so, how did it go?

I did its a snap. they have windows where you buy them for $20 US no picture required they just stick them in the passport and you are off. Don't waste time and money getting them before hand.

743938424_turkishvisa-1.jpg.d349e76ed7fb9eb27f43d2c31999a957.jpg

We just came back from Turkey, and we were told you CAN'T get them ahead of time.

There's absolutely no worry; if you pay, they stick the sticker in your passport. When you arrive in Turkey at an airport, after you line up for the visa sticker, THEN you line up at customs/border patrol, so there's absolutely no danger of not getting the visa. If you're going to be refused entry into the country for whatever reason, it will happen at border control, and not because of the visa.

Bon voyage!

We are doing the reverse Athens to Istanbul. My question is that we are staying an extra night after the cruise ends...will the stamp that we get from the cruise line suffice for the days the ship is docked plus one extra before our flight back to the US?

We just came back from Turkey, and we were told you CAN'T get them ahead of time.

There's absolutely no worry; if you pay, they stick the sticker in your passport. When you arrive in Turkey at an airport, after you line up for the visa sticker, THEN you line up at customs/border patrol, so there's absolutely no danger of not getting the visa. If you're going to be refused entry into the country for whatever reason, it will happen at border control, and not because of the visa.

Bon voyage!

We too are on the Oct. 13th Jade and we did get our ahead of time! It 's $75 for Canadian Citizens and $20 for U.S. Citizens...we charge them more so they charge us more! I just happened to be in Ottawa and thought why not get them ahead; if I wasn't there I sure wouldn't mail my passports in!!!

Som

opps you are right I should have looked were the original poster is from. they charge you Canadians more, given we charge them(the Turks and almost everyone else) $131US for one to the US you either charge them more or there is some history there. the amount varies by country of your passport.

Thanks Sominex: Did you get the multi entrance or the single? We visit two turkish ports so I wasn't sure if the multi was needed or not???

Well I told them my itinerary; 1 night prior to boarding and 1 night on the ship and another day in Izmir so they gave me a multi-pass which expires the 28th of October...

Som

Archived