Cave Tubing

PACURN

I just got back from my cruise on the Inspiration. We went tubing with Xtreme. I am so glad we did. It was sooooo great. The DH hated me for booking it cuz he was scared to get left behind. That was never an issue, we got back in plenty of time and never felt rushed. The DH loves me now for making such gret plans. Our guide was Richard and he was the best. He is very knowledgable about the area and lots of fun.

We went throught three caves. One dry on the walk to the entrance of the river.We got in at the 5th entrance and floated thru two caves. The water was nice and refreshing. We had life jackets which make great pillows on the inner tube. Richard had a hugh flash light to point out things in the cave. There were 11 in our group (xtreme only takes 14 maximum) which made the tour nice. The cruises take groups of 60. That sucks.

We were on the river for about an hour and a half. We were never cold. It's not scarry. When we got out of the river we had lunch waitng for us. You will get the option to order prior to going upriver. I highly recommend it. It was the BEST BBQ I have ever had. When you get back you will be hungry. It's great with an ice cold beer.

A couple of tidbits of info.

Belize time is the same as central time, so if you're sailing out of Florida the time will be two hours earlier than ship time. Ship time will be EST. If your ship docks at 9:00 it will be 7:00 Belize time.Of course that may change when the time here (in the USA) changes. I don;t know if the do daylight savings like we do. I doubt it.

Do your best to get the first tender of the ship. We waited so long for a group of people that we finally left without them. We waited over an hour. Just as we were driving away they arrived on the dock. Our driver (Richard) went back and picked them up. A little trick to getting off is to go to the meeting area with the cruise ship tours and get off with them. No one ever questioned us. We got off on the first tender.

Another thing. I have read things on this board about how dirty and poverty stricken Belize is. I was expecting some awful sights. It not awful. I've seen worse here in the US. It was colourful and ineresting. The port area is beautiful. I would happily go there again. I am a firm beleiver that if a person goes somewhere with a bad attitude and expecting to find problems they will. Traveling is an adventure embrace it.

Happy Tubing. I am off to figure out which cruise will be my next one.

Cheerio

Archived