I'm Back, I'm Black, and I'm Fat =)

Odoyal Rulez

Took a much needed vacation. Enjoyed myself immensly, got a tan/sunburn thing going on and probably put on about 20 lbs...no kidding.

My body feels great, although pretty bloated, and I feel like I am going to make big gains in my pursuit of weightloss now that ive given my body a long period of rest.

Tomorrow I will be attempting to a very strict keto-like diet, I adapted from several other sources. It basically involves eating lots of protein and fat and doing lots of low intensity cardio. I will be trying to keep my intake to 300 grams of protein and about 80-90 grams of fat maybe 10 grams of carbs and those will come from nuts. I will be taking multi vit sup along with fiber supps if needed.

I am going to try to do this for about 30 days, last time I think i lasted 4 days before calling it quits, but that time i was using a different type of protein powder and fish oil caps and it was killing my stomach.

So look forward to my journal tomorrow with my starting weight and progress, im hoping to shed about 30-40 lbs by the end of the year.

Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your vacation!

I think it is good to give our bodies & minds a rest sometimes. The mind in the sense that we have to put so much mental energy into staying motivated to work out. At least I do.

I can hardly wait till Nov when it is my turn!

kelly

Your title made me laugh.:D Good luck with it all and get some exercise for me this week, will ya. I get to have foot surgery on Thursday. Bleh! Trying to avoid drowning my sorrows in some good old southern girl food which is difficult right now since I have a ton of green tomatoes just sitting out there calling my name. I COULD roast the slices in the oven but they'd be so much better floured, fried and slapped on bread with mayo.:rolleyes:

Tami

Your title made me laugh.:D Good luck with it all and get some exercise for me this week, will ya. I get to have foot surgery on Thursday. Bleh! Trying to avoid drowning my sorrows in some good old southern girl food which is difficult right now since I have a ton of green tomatoes just sitting out there calling my name. I COULD roast the slices in the oven but they'd be so much better floured, fried and slapped on bread with mayo.:rolleyes:

Tami

I was intrigued by Odoyal's title and had to laugh. When I saw your post and the mention of the green tomatoes...oh my! You had to go and remind me that I haven't made my annual batch. I grew up on them, way up here in Michigan. I can only figure that it is because my grandma was born in Raleigh...is that North Carolina? She must have learned to make them from her mother and carried on the tradition up here. I never heard of putting them on bread with mayo! Oh no! They're already fattening just fried in butter! Yikes!

• 2 weeks later...
I was intrigued by Odoyal's title and had to laugh. When I saw your post and the mention of the green tomatoes...oh my! You had to go and remind me that I haven't made my annual batch. I grew up on them, way up here in Michigan. I can only figure that it is because my grandma was born in Raleigh...is that North Carolina? She must have learned to make them from her mother and carried on the tradition up here. I never heard of putting them on bread with mayo! Oh no! They're already fattening just fried in butter! Yikes!

LOL, well I'm from Indiana so we're not THAT much farther south. We don't bread them though. My grandmother dusted them in flour to fry them. I don't even do that. I just toss them straight into canola oil or EVOO. Lately I've been slicing them, laying them out on a sheet pan and drizzing them with just a little bit of EVOO and baking them. They taste almost the same.

I got the habit of putting them into a sandwich from my former stepmother. She was from eastern Tennessee. Hers was always on pasty white bread and miracle bread. I prefer whole wheat bread and veganaise. :D

Tami

Archived