The Spot - Galveston

Cruise Cat

Here is some good news for Galveston. The Spot Restaurant and Tiki Bar is getting back up on it's feet again. There Webcam came back up today http://www.galveston.com/webcams/thespot/frameset.html

They have some tables on the patio again and the exterior looks in good shape. I expect to see them open soon. This is a good sign for Galveston and just goes to show you the strong character of the residents.

Definitely going to have a beer there in the near future or at least the day before my next cruise.

Please don't speculate on Galveston being up and running any time soon. The "Spot" webcam may look like things are fine, but they are not. You cannot get into Galveston and they will be out of commission for a long time. Residents are being allowed to reenter Wednesday on a "look and leave" order.

well - looks like it was up for a while anyway! How great to see progress in on our little island!

Cruise Cat - how bout if we all go get that beer together!

(oops, just realized I was signed in as Chuck - this is Ali!)

We've got a couple cruises lined up down there! Come join us!

Please don't speculate on Galveston being up and running any time soon. The "Spot" webcam may look like things are fine, but they are not. You cannot get into Galveston and they will be out of commission for a long time. Residents are being allowed to reenter Wednesday on a "look and leave" order.

Galveston is not New Orleans. It will bounce back faster than you think.

A little over a week in Houston and things are almost back to normal. Now if I could only find some fencing supplies at a hardware store, I'd be back to normal too. :p :rolleyes: :(

Archived