Airfare thru Cruiseline or on your own?

TwoWeebles

No, I'm flying Dec 19. Cruise is on the 20th. Leaving Edmonton, not Calgary. Returning on Jan 2. Spending three additional nights in FLL. I did look at American Airlines and others but I'm certainly not seeing any $800 flights after taxes, etc. Calgary may be slightly cheaper, but I have no desire to drive 3 hours to another airport and pay for parking for two weeks.

I have looked at many options and have looked "outside the box". For me, the cruise/air seems to be a good option and thinking positively, it'll all work out. Also, as I've mentioned with the hotel included for the pre-night and transfer to the port, I think we have a pretty good package as I've seen the price of our cruise has gone up since I booked.

Hey - I hear where you are coming from. It is soooooo expensive to fly from the Canadian west coast to the US south east coast. We have also booked through Carnival. $599 US per person compared to $1484 CAN per person. We fly into Miami and Carnival will transfer us - then fly FLL to Calgary. We are also doing the Freedom - departing Jan 3.

Hey - I hear where you are coming from. It is soooooo expensive to fly from the Canadian west coast to the US south east coast. We have also booked through Carnival. $599 US per person compared to $1484 CAN per person. We fly into Miami and Carnival will transfer us - then fly FLL to Calgary. We are also doing the Freedom - departing Jan 3.

That's for sure. I think if we enjoy this first cruise and decide to do future cruises, it will be from LA or San Diego or somewhere west coast. Flights from here to the west coast are much more reasonable and also direct. We have our cruise/air flights now from Princess, and they actually look pretty good. Edm to Minneapolis, short layover, then on to FLL. We have friends here also on the exact same cruise that ended up with two connections on the way there, so I feel pretty lucky. Regardless, when I compared the cruise/air and booking on my own, the savings with cruise/air was huge so I took my chances. I'll post when we get back to let others know how it went. Now, we are just waiting to see which hotel Princess puts us in for the pre-night stay.

Hope you have a great cruise!

M

Hey - I hear where you are coming from. It is soooooo expensive to fly from the Canadian west coast to the US south east coast. .

I've got news for you. It's very expensive to fly from any airport in Canada whether it be the east coast, west coast or anywhere in between. :( Add to that the limited choice in airlines and you can see why I don't fly out of Canada anymore. It's worth it for me to drive across the border to the US where I get better prices and far more options in airlines. I realize this isn't a viable option for everyone.

2P.P1

Well yes, I agree the expense and limited airlines is definitely an issue for Canadians, however I can usually find reasonably priced flights from where I am in Alberta to LA, San Fran Phoenix and LV. It's much too far for me to drive to a US airport so unfortunately that's just not an option. You're lucky in that regards. Also, with the poor dollar lately I may decide not to be doing too much travelling at all after this cruise for awhile. I'm glad now I stocked up on US$$ a while ago.........wish I would have bought more though.

Archived