Bus Service between Boston and Cape Liberty

oldsalt22

Will someone provide me information on the bus service between Boston and Cape Liberty? Trying to get it from RCCL is liking trying to get blood out of a stone. Where is the bus terminal located in Boston? Is there parking there? If so how much is the parking fees?What is the name of the bus company? Does the bus company have a brochure that gives departure times from Boston and Bayonne? What is the cost of the round trip? Any and all information will be v ery much appreciated.

Benefits of using motorcoach service:

• Our packages can expand a cruise vacation and make the entire cruise experience even more fulfilling.

• Avoid weather delays

• Discover new destinations

• Start or extend your vacation one to three days early

• All transfers are included for Air Sea guests.

• Increase revenue

• Shop for everything in one place at the same time (One Stop Shop).

All your clients have to do is sit back, relax and before they know it, they will arrive dockside feeling

refreshed and ready to board the ship

$109.00 p/p Roundtrip Motorcoach Service From

Washington, D. C. • Baltimore • Wilmington

Philadelphia • Burlington

BYE Pier, Bus 1

$130.00 p/p Roundtrip Motorcoach Service From

Harrisburg • Lancaster • Reading

Allentown • Easton

BYE Pier, Bus 2

$145.00 p/p Roundtrip Motorcoach Service From

Boston • Worcester • Springfield • Hartford

BYE Pier, Bus 3

$132.00 p/p Roundtrip Motorcoach Service From

Wilkes-Barre • Scranton • Mt. Pocono

Stroudsburg • Hackettstown

BYE Pier, Bus 5

$69.00 p/p Roundtrip Motorcoach Service From

Park-n-Ride Exit 63 • Park-n-Ride Exit 49 • Park-n-Ride Exit 32

BYE Pier, Bus 6

$170.00 p/p Roundtrip Motorcoach Service From

Penn Station • Port Authority Bus Terminal

BYE Pier, Bus 7

For information regarding motorcoach service, please call:

1 (800) 327-6700

Dear Scotandamy,

I went on the Explorer last Feb and took Peter Pan bus lines from Providence, RI to NJ. The bus terminal is right in Providence, which is only 10 min from our house, I think it was about $87.00 round trip. The only problem was when you have to change buses in NY to get to NJ you have to lug all of your luggage thru the terminal and down stairs and escelators, it's quite a way. Also, we had a hard time finding someone to ask where to go to find the connecting bus-it was all the way across the station and downstairs! We did manage though, then when you get to the NJ station you need to catch a cab to the port-cost us $35.00. This year my husband and I are sailing on 1/2/09 and we are driving down. It's a little extra with parking and gas but we feel its worth it to avoid the hassles.

Joy

We took this bus last Jan. and will be doing it again in Nov. It's well worth the $$ to us. We get picked up in Hartford and taken to the pier. We don't have to worry about our luggage,it's put on the bus and the next time we see it it's in our stateroom. After the cruise(boo hoo)it's the reverse.

The cost is 120.00 roundtrip frm Hartford. It's a little more than 2 hours to the pier and we had a movie to watch.

Will someone provide me information on the bus service between Boston and Cape Liberty? Trying to get it from RCCL is liking trying to get blood out of a stone. Where is the bus terminal located in Boston? Is there parking there? If so how much is the parking fees?What is the name of the bus company? Does the bus company have a brochure that gives departure times from Boston and Bayonne? What is the cost of the round trip? Any and all information will be v ery much appreciated.

I went on the RCI bus from Boston to NJ last Feb. It was convienent. The bus we took was Academy Line ( I think they may use different vendors so you may not get this line in the future) The bus terminal is located on Atlantic Ave at South Station in Boston. There is a small parking lot on the roof of the station. The parking is around $15.00 per day M_F and about $6.00 on Sat/ Sun ( these are estimate prices, I asked last time I was there I think this is what I was quoted) I think it would be better to be dropped off there, the parking lot is so small I'd be worried I'd get there only to find it full AAARRRGGHHH!!!!! Once inside the station we were told "wait here" there was no RCI sign, people didn't seem to be sure as to where to send us, come to find out we were in the wrong area and the bus driver came to find us, there was about 8 of us getting on in Boston that day. Overall it is a good experience, the bus ride was comfortable they had good movies and we stopped once for snacks.

Dear Scotandamy,

I went on the Explorer last Feb and took Peter Pan bus lines from Providence, RI to NJ. The bus terminal is right in Providence, which is only 10 min from our house, I think it was about $87.00 round trip. The only problem was when you have to change buses in NY to get to NJ you have to lug all of your luggage thru the terminal and down stairs and escelators, it's quite a way. Also, we had a hard time finding someone to ask where to go to find the connecting bus-it was all the way across the station and downstairs! We did manage though, then when you get to the NJ station you need to catch a cab to the port-cost us $35.00. This year my husband and I are sailing on 1/2/09 and we are driving down. It's a little extra with parking and gas but we feel its worth it to avoid the hassles.

Joy

Thanks for the info

• 1 month later...

I booked a cruise out of Bayonne because their was bus service offered from Boston through both Entertainment Tours (used them 2x before for NCL cruises out of NY) and through RC. Neither one are offering service now for my 1/2/08 cruise. Ugh! I'm trying to find an easy way down for 3 people. Can't drive since I own a Mustange and would never fit the luggage. Plus, if it snows.... May be able to take my mom's car but it's old and I'm a little worried if it will make it.

Is it difficult to drive down? The directions using the NJ turnpike to Bayonne look pretty straight forward. Has anyone driven this?

Also, any other suggestions for an easy way of getting there? I have a senior with limited mobility and a child going. Thanks!

I booked a cruise out of Bayonne because their was bus service offered from Boston through both Entertainment Tours (used them 2x before for NCL cruises out of NY) and through RC. Neither one are offering service now for my 1/2/08 cruise. Ugh! I'm trying to find an easy way down for 3 people. Can't drive since I own a Mustange and would never fit the luggage. Plus, if it snows.... May be able to take my mom's car but it's old and I'm a little worried if it will make it.

Is it difficult to drive down? The directions using the NJ turnpike to Bayonne look pretty straight forward. Has anyone driven this?

Also, any other suggestions for an easy way of getting there? I have a senior with limited mobility and a child going. Thanks!

Frankly I would rent a car/mini van and drop the 2 others at the port, you go and drop the car at Newark airport and cab it back to the port. From Boston it is a quite easy drive maybe about 4 hours or so. On the way back cab it to Newark airport and pick up another rental for the way back. Make sure you check the different rental companies though for drop off fee differences.

That's exactly what my family and a friends family did sailing out of Bayonne. They are from Northern VA and I am from MD. I used Enterprise - picked it up at BWI, dropped at Newark, we shared a cab back. Didn't have to worry about parking costs for 9 days gone, didn't have to worry about wear and tear on my car, if it had broken down it would have been the rental car's problem. I watched for deals and got one on a small SVU. I don't know how easy it would have been for me to find the port - but the friend was leading and he is originally from NY so I followed him - if I were doing it alone I'd take a GPS.

Frankly I would rent a car/mini van and drop the 2 others at the port, you go and drop the car at Newark airport and cab it back to the port. From Boston it is a quite easy drive maybe about 4 hours or so. On the way back cab it to Newark airport and pick up another rental for the way back. Make sure you check the different rental companies though for drop off fee differences.

Ecoxwhite - I would seriously consider renting a car if there is no direct bus transportation from Boston to the pier. I would also have a Plan B in case of bad weather. You can easily drive to Bayonne from Boston the morning of the cruise if the weather is OK. Where do you live exactly? If the weather going to be bad, I would make a last minute hotel reservation at Newark Airport (Priceline??) and drive down on 1/1.

How limited is your senior's mobility? You may not just want to drop them off at the pier by themselves. I would take everyone to the rental car return and get a cab. I also might want to prearrange that so you don't have to ride a shuttle bus back to the terminals with your luggage in order to get a cab. If you senior has mobility issues, then you should plan to get wheelchair assistance from RCL. If your senior balks at this, then you have to be firm because it is really a safety issue for him or her. You cannot afford to have him or her knocked over by inattentive people with luggage.

I drive from MA to central Jersey all the time. My mother, who will be 90, and I took this cruise last February and will do so again next year. My preferred route is to pick up I-84 at Sturbridge, I-91 South at Hartford, Wilbur Cross Parkway, Merritt Parkway, and Hutchinson River Parkway (three names - same road) to the Cross County Parkway (Yonkers) to the Saw Mill River Parkway, Henry Hudson Parkway, George Washington Bridge, and NJ Turnpike to exit 14A Bayonne. Although you are traveling on a Friday, it is a holiday weekend and traffic should be minimal - no more than 4 hours assuming you don't make a lot of stops. The parkway piece of this has no trucks, which is wonderful.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but I can't put in a good recommendation for Entertainment Tours. I used them for my cruise last spring (from Providence, but the bus had other stops from Boston to New Haven) and had no problems on the way down. The bus was on-time (the one for the NCL cruise out of NYC was running late), clean, uncrowded (only about 10 people on board) and went directly to Bayonne. I never had to handle my luggage after it was put on the bus (we were required to make sure all it was off the bus at the terminal, but that was just a visual check).

However, the return trip was scheduled to leave Bayonne at 12:30 pm. The bus did not even pull up until 2:30 pm. My fellow passengers and I were stuck waiting for a but that stopped for NCL passengers in NYC and then was stuck in traffic. Every other bus line was in the parking area at 9:00 am when I disembarked and left by 11 am or so. We were stuck outside (thankfully with heated bathroom access!) under the open tents in the rainy, cool weather waiting for our bus to show up.

Also, there is nothing within walking distance around the terminal - no coffee, sandwich shop or anything that I saw on the way in or when stuck there.

Lessons learned:

1. The slightly more expensive RCI bus might have been a better choice.

2. Always bring some cereal bars or snacks (I gave an extra one I had to one of my starving fellow pax)

3. Wear socks and shoes to disembark in May!

4. Be very careful not to drop the keys of your rental car in the trunk - you may have all the doors locked and no way to get them out (gleaned from the plight of the woman I ended up chatting with who was on her way to the ship).

I have also used Entertainment Tours for the last 2 years for NCL. I am thrilled that they are offering the cruise ship service. I booked a RC cruise out of Bayonne for 1/2/09 just because of the bus. The service has always been good and the buses clean and uncrowed. As far as them being late to Bayonne, I don't know what you can do about traffic. Sounds like they are trying to accomodate more than 1 ship if they happen to be arriving at the same time.

I would definately recommend them.

Archived