Solstice - AquaClass - Adult Only???

lvcruises

I'm wondering about the age limits or restrictions on the AquaClass rooms. I know they are limited to 2 people unlike the rest of the cabins. What I'm wondering is if there is an age limit? We specifically booked this class to have a more relaxed and hopefully child free area. Also for the Blu which would be reserved for this class, hoping that we wouldn't have to deal with the kids on board while trying to have a nice dinner. After reading some of the posts about speciality restaurants have age limits and other comments about there not being an age limit on this class, I'm wondering if it will be as secluded as we had hoped.

If anyone is wondering.... no we don't have children.:D

I specifically asked Celebrity this question. Children are permitted in aquaclass. So a child can be in the room with one adult.

I really hope there won't be many people who do this. At least I wouldn't think they would with small children... It's a pretty expensive class and I would think there would be restrictions as far as the Aqua Spa is concerned with kids. Parts of the spa are adult only.:(

We too booked Aqua Class. We also made our selection on the basis that there would not be many children in Blue. But, I am under the impression that anyone can stay in an AQ cabin as long as there are only 2 people per cabin. I never saw anything about age limits. That in itself will limit the number of children in dining area. There might be those families that book 2 rooms with 1 adult and 1 child in each room (on paper) but I doubt many would do that.

It's going to be a Great cruise!

Enjoy,

Duane

I have never seen any literature that says AQ is adults only. It is just assumed - room takes 2 so it is only 2 adults, but yes, a parent can book a room with a child. I guess we all just hope that they won't........

There is nothing about Blu being an adult only environment either, and with Suite guests able to eat there ( qualifying this by adding if there are tables free, and if they pay $5 gratuity) there is in theory nothing to stop ankle-biters from the Suites being in Blu also....

:(

There has been nothing from Celebrity to indicate that either Aqua Class or Blu will have any age restrictions. The sole reason that people are assuming that these will be child-free environments is because of the 2-person limit in the cabins. However, as others pointed out, any family with kids can book these cabins, provided there are only 2 per cabin.

I would suggest that Aqua Class passengers NOT expect a child-free environment. Yes, we all here on Cruise Critic know that the expectation is that it will be primarily adults-only, but only a small percentage of cruisers go on Cruise Critic.

I do think there will be FEWER kids - but if you have a family-oriented itinerary, don't expect that there will be NONE.

Anticlimactic?

Could you please explain?

Sure...my bad on the word serene though...

Here it is from the Featured Venues Page:

For those who have entered a spa and never wanted to leave, Celebrity Solstice offers the new AquaClassSM stateroom. Sharing a deck with the AquaSpa® relaxation room, it incorporates select spa elements into the staterooms, allows for specialized access to spa amenities, and features assigned seating at the healthfully delicious Blu.

Here it is abridged from the Stateroom Page...

A brand new class of staterooms...Aquaclass brings a tranquil, relaxing atmosphere into your stateroom...

Kids in this spa environment will never allow the environment to be what I would want it to be so I would not book it. I'd go to a spa and get exactly what I was after.

Sure...my bad on the word serene though...

Here it is from the Featured Venues Page:

For those who have entered a spa and never wanted to leave, Celebrity Solstice offers the new AquaClassSM stateroom. Sharing a deck with the AquaSpa® relaxation room, it incorporates select spa elements into the staterooms, allows for specialized access to spa amenities, and features assigned seating at the healthfully delicious Blu.

Here it is abridged from the Stateroom Page...

A brand new class of staterooms...Aquaclass brings a tranquil, relaxing atmosphere into your stateroom...

Kids in this spa environment will never allow the environment to be what I would want it to be so I would not book it. I'd go to a spa and get exactly what I was after.

But you see, Celebrity is not promising a "tranquil, relaxing atmosphere" anywhere but in your stateroom.

There is nothing in any Celebrity literature that I could find anywhere that indicates that Aqua Class will be a kid-free environment.

But you see, Celebrity is not promising a "tranquil, relaxing atmosphere" anywhere but in your stateroom.

There is nothing in any Celebrity literature that I could find anywhere that indicates that Aqua Class will be a kid-free environment.

Exactly, and they won't say it will be....they are sneaking it all in under the guise of the spa environment being what actual reasonable people think it is. Kid-free.

Fortuntately most people on this board are smarter and have asked the questions.

I guess we kind of just assumed based on the fact that a family of 4 would have to spend over $6000 to have 2 rooms in this category. Kids aren't gonna want to be in the spa area hanging out, they would be bored. I do also think that the Spa itself does have some restrictions, like the Perisian Gardens and the Solarium - Adult only pool area.

This is from the webpage - Aqua SpaAge 18 and over

Ages 13 through 17 may only be present while participating in scheduled treatments

I guess we kind of just assumed based on the fact that a family of 4 would have to spend over $6000 to have 2 rooms in this category.

You need to remember that not every family with kids is limited by finances. This might seem like a lot to some, but there are plenty of families who have the financial resources that this would not be a issue, and are making their cabin choices based on what they want, not what they can afford.

Kids aren't gonna want to be in the spa area hanging out, they would be bored. I do also think that the Spa itself does have some restrictions, like the Perisian Gardens and the Solarium - Adult only pool area.

This is from the webpage - Aqua SpaAge 18 and over

Ages 13 through 17 may only be present while participating in scheduled treatments

Kids aren't the ones making the decision about where their cabins are located - their parents are. I'm only pointing all of this out so that people don't make the erroneous assumption that there will be no kids on the Aqua Class deck, or on Blu. However, you are correct that there are age limitations in the Spa and Solarium.

Personally, I really don't think it's going to be a big problem. While it's important to realize that there are no age limits, I DO think that the 2-per limit on cabins WILL result in fewer kids. But if you book AquaClass thinking you won't see ANY kids, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

if you book AquaClass thinking you won't see ANY kids, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
I agree with leejnd4. I booked this class for the additional amenities, such as they are, not in order to have a kids free zone. However, having a child of my own (he is grown up now) I would think that most parents would want to find areas of the ship that have other children for the interaction and diversion it provides. They would most likely stay clear of the AquaClass, not that they have to but because they want to.

There are also cabin categorys:

penthouse suites (2)

royal suites (4)

concierge class (19)

sky suites (4)

celebrity suites (6)

inside cabins (5 across from AC cabins which some families staying in Aquaclass may use for children)

that allow more than 2 persons in the room on the same deck as the Aquaclass cabins. So that particular deck (penthouse) might not be "child-free" either.

Exactly, and they won't say it will be....they are sneaking it all in under the guise of the spa environment being what actual reasonable people think it is. Kid-free.

Fortuntately most people on this board are smarter and have asked the questions.

Oh no:eek: a conspiracy theory!

Oh no:eek: a conspiracy theory!

No, just a rip off. ;) Here's your free bottle of water, and your table in Blu... now stop whining that there are kids...no one ever said this was kid-free environment.

Let me ask a stupid question....what are the other cruise lines out there that try to make pretend of as many things as Celebrity does? I'd really like to know!

Now for some of you out there who have suggested only two per cabin....where does it say the cabins are limited to just two? Does it say anywhere at all that this class of cabin will not be able to accommodate a crib, or a cot?

:cool:

Now for some of you out there who have suggested only two per cabin....where does it say the cabins are limited to just two? Does it say anywhere at all that this class of cabin will not be able to accommodate a crib, or a cot?

:cool:

Not that I disagree with you (I could not find anywhere where it says only two in an AC cabin) but I just tried to book an Aquaclass cabin for two adults and 1 child and I was told it was sold out. When I changed the info to two adults I was given a number of AC cabins to choose from. That sure does suggest only two per cabin. (I was booking the Sept 28/09 Med cruise).Hmmm:confused:

Not that I disagree with you (I could not find anywhere where it says only two in an AC cabin) but I just tried to book an Aquaclass cabin for two adults and 1 child and I was told it was sold out. When I changed the info to two adults I was given a number of AC cabins to choose from. That sure does suggest only two per cabin. (I was booking the Sept 28/09 Med cruise).Hmmm:confused:

Yes, there IS literature that specifically states that AC cabins will only hold two pax. I don't know where it is right now, but I'll try to find it later. Regardless, you can see that it's true just by looking at the deck plans - any cabin that allows more than one has a small icon indicating where the third/fourth pax sleep (a square for a sofabed, a triangle for an upper berth). If you look on the deck plan for Penthouse deck, you can see that there are NO third/fourth pax icons on any AC cabins. They only accept two pax in these cabins.

I was able to find this on the Celebrity website, a What' New article written on Sept 20,2007. This is what I remember about it when looking at this ship. This really makes it out to be a "perfect grown-up getaway". I just tried making reservations with 1 adult and 1 child, the website allowed me to chose the AquaClass. So, if there are kids, it won't ruin it for us. I really wanted the atmosphere it would bring and having the Blu to eat at. Just sounded more relaxing and romantic

AquaClassSM

Another key insight provided by Celebrity's Leading Ladies was the desire for a more relaxed, intimate shipboard stateroom experience connected to the sea and linked to highly personalized spa elements. The result? A unique class of veranda staterooms called AquaClass, an oceanside retreat created for guests who are most passionate about pampering and "getting away from it all

AquaClass will comprise 130 of the ship's 1,425 staterooms, each double-occupancy only, creating the perfect grown-up getaway. Guests in AquaClass will receive unlimited access to Celebrity Solstice’s new AquaSpa relaxation room on the same deck, and the Persian Garden, an exotic aromatherapy and steam room. AquaClass guests also will have an exclusive dining room, Blu, an intimate, 130-seat specialty restaurant

AquaClass will comprise 130 of the ship's 1,425 staterooms, each double-occupancy only, creating the perfect grown-up getaway. Guests in AquaClass will receive unlimited access to Celebrity Solstice’s new AquaSpa relaxation room on the same deck, and the Persian Garden, an exotic aromatherapy and steam room. AquaClass guests also will have an exclusive dining room, Blu, an intimate, 130-seat specialty restaurant

Yes, that's what I was referring to - thanks, now I don't have to go dig it out!

I personally do not agree that this is "sneaky", a "rip-off", or in any way deceiving. Note that it simply says "perfect grown-up getaway", not "there will be no kids on your floor or in your restaurant". To me, their wording simply means that the features unique to Aqua Class would be appealing to ME, as a grown-up. It's not saying that I will see no children on my deck.

But that's just me. ;)

Archived