Radiance-Upper Berth or Sofa Bed?

I am considering booking a balcony cabin on Radiance. We are sailing with our son, and I have a choice of a upper berth for our son, or a pull out sofa bed. Has anyone had any experience with the sofa beds in this type of cabin. Are they comfortable?

Explorer of the Seas March 20th

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;3;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I find the upper birth more comfortable. The pull out sofa bed can't possibly have a thick enough mattress to hide the metal bars underneath. Also, until you get your room made up, the pull out might be a little in your way.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

My father, aunt, and uncle had this set up last week. They chose to use the sofa bed. It was very firm. I laid on it and found no bars whatsoever. (I had to try it out and see what it was like). They preferred not to have to have anyone climbing up into bed, as they are all >50.

The sofa bed pulled out really didn't take up that much space. There was still room to walk around and get your self made up.

The upper berth probably is softer and may be more appropriate for a younger person.

Anyway, if you're in the room at a time the sofa bed is in the way, you're likely missing out on all there is to do on the ship.

Just an opinion,

Jay

Jay & Scheila Lowery

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;17;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Adventure of the Seas

Monarch 05/99

SS Oceanbreeze 10/00

Enchantment 04/01

Explorer (East) 10/02

Explorer (West) 03/03

Voyager 10/03

Radiance 04/04

Adventure 10/17/04

This may depend on the age or weight of your son. Our 10 year old slept mostly on the sofa bed while our 12 year old slept on the upper bunk. The 10 year old couldn't tell any difference in the feel of the two. The 12 year old thought the bunk was more comfortable. Also, would you prefer to have someone above you or beside you?

Kathy

Archived