10/23 Ecstacy cruisers, please post your reviews asap

p2lockhart

OK, I have to say something. I don't think I can stand it much longer. I have been waiting since you departed Saturday and watching this board for hours today. I know you are tired and have to unpack, etc. But can't you have pity on us and throw us a crumb? Pretty please... We would be ever so grateful.

Patti

Hey Patti,

I'm waiting on the reviews too. I think that the Ecstacy is calling my name for next year. Either in May or October (if I can wait that long). I like the idea of being able to spend more time in Cozumel. Maybe I'll try snorkeling with my fins this time! Have you set up a meet and mingle for your upcoming cruise? Hopefully it will go better this time. I know you will post an informative review after you return and I'll be on pins and needles waiting for it. I'm very envious!

To anyone who sailed on the Ecstasy out of Galvestons- Did they have a past guest party? If so, did they give out Ecstasy pins? I've sailed her 3 times and I'm waiting for them to come out with this pins.

Me too Patti. I guess I was so excited to be able to actually see everything since I had gotten the prescription mask that I forgot about everything else while I was out there. At least I didn't almost run head on to a barracuda this time like I did in the Bahamas because I couldn't see.

I'm back so let the questions begin. We are worn out from a great time. My DW and I are still busy from unpacking and taking friends and family to the airport. We went w/ a large group and all had a great time.

The ship is in very good shape for her age. There are small blemishes but on the whole very nice. The theme for the ship has not changed.

Most of the carpeting is new, new bedding in the staterooms and a bar was added the Grand Atrium.

The staff was excellent. They were very friendly and work hard to make your cruise an enjoyable experience.

I have nothing to complain about and would go on this cruise any time.

I will try to post a more detail review when time permits but if anyone has any specific question post them on this thread and I will check back later.

To anyone who sailed on the Ecstasy out of Galvestons- Did they have a past guest party? If so, did they give out Ecstasy pins? I've sailed her 3 times and I'm waiting for them to come out with this pins.

my understanding is that they only have past guest parties on cruises of five days or longer:rolleyes:

Hi, Irene. You being from a famous oil town might be more familiar with Luling and the Luling oil field. It is in central Texas and we are 16 miles from Luling. Lockhart's current claim to fame is as the BBQ Capitol of the World. We are 30 miles south of Austin and the Austin Bergstrom Airport on US Hwy 183. We have a very picturesque courthouse and town square that is used often in movies. I'll put some links to some info below in case you are interested.

I have been to Kilgore many times. Until a couple of years ago I had family there. My late Uncle Grady (Jones) and his son Grady, Jr. and wife Glenda used to own the old Pioneer Pharmacy. Glenda was a docent at the Oil Museum. Uncle Grady died about 3 years ago just days before his 100th birthday. Boy did his know alot of history. I loved to hear him describe Kilgore in the early oil boom days. Grady, Jr and Glenda are now living on their ranch in Lampassas and their 3 kids are in Austin, Arizona and Mexia.

I still have cousins in Tyler and we have a family reunion their every year. Wish I could talk them into a family reunion cruise!

Patti

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/view/LL/hfl7.html

http://www.lockhart-tx.org/

http://www.traveltex.com/pg.asp?SN=4181396&LS=0&PN=251

Archived