Miracle cabin 5142

4nzic1

Hi All,

I currently have booked cabin 5142 on Miracle November 2009. Does anyone know where I can find a picture of the balcony to see how obstructed it really is? The Carnival brochure/deck plan really isn't any help.

thanks in advance : )

of the obstruction - this is from the balcony on 5152 on Legend (another Spirit class ship)

attachment.php?attachmentid=44794&d=1179011477

Also, looking forward (to the front of the ship), your view will be somewhat restricted by the balcony for cabin 5140 which "sticks out" further from the ship than your balcony - you can see what I mean from the deck plans.

of the obstruction - this is from the balcony on 5152 on Legend (another Spirit class ship)

attachment.php?attachmentid=44794&d=1179011477

Also, looking forward (to the front of the ship), your view will be somewhat restricted by the balcony for cabin 5140 which "sticks out" further from the ship than your balcony - you can see what I mean from the deck plans.

KroozFoolz, I'm on the net looking at side views of Miracle and I'm seeing the balcony I'm looking for. I don't necessarily think that blockage by lifeboat and how that 5140 cabin would bother me toooooo much because I'm not a sun person and would appreciate the shade. :) However, as I'm sitting here thinking, if I take that cabin even though I'm not a big picture taker this might be the one time I may see that perfect photo op pulling in or leaving port and won't be able to get it because of that cabin that sticks out or the lifeboat slightly in the way. :) So I'm sitting here kinda talking my way out of changing that cabin because of the statement I just made and because I'm now thinking that I should upgrade to treat myself as a graduation present for completing my PhD a few months before I have this cruise scheduled. :)

The first three lifeboats are larger/taller than the ones further back - You might try to get a 7A balcony cabin further back and not next to a balcony that sticks out further.

thanks. that is a good point. : ) i saw last night 5150 (those number combinations make me chuckle because that's how i feel right now) was available. in your opinion do u think that might be a better choice than 5142? i know u had 5152 on legend which is basically the same cabin.

thanks. that is a good point. : ) i saw last night 5150 (those number combinations make me chuckle because that's how i feel right now) was available. in your opinion do u think that might be a better choice than 5142? i know u had 5152 on legend which is basically the same cabin.

I would choose 5150 over 5142 because it is not next to an extended balcony, but it still has the taller lifeboat - I would try for further back if anything is available (remember the first three lifeboats are taller) - 5236 is popular because of the long balcony, but goes pretty quickly I understand.

(For the sake of truthfulness, not that it matters here, we did not have 5152 - I found that picture here on cc - we were in 5132 (an 8B) which was also next to an extended balcony :( - the last picture in the group of three above was taken on our balcony.)

I would choose 5150 over 5142 because it is not next to an extended balcony, but it still has the taller lifeboat - I would try for further back if anything is available (remember the first three lifeboats are taller) - 5236 is popular because of the long balcony, but goes pretty quickly I understand.

(For the sake of truthfulness, not that it matters here, we did not have 5152 - I found that picture here on cc - we were in 5132 (an 8B) which was also next to an extended balcony :( - the last picture in the group of three above was taken on our balcony.)

thanks. i see that 5236 is not available for the nov 20 2009 sailing i want. but what is available and not next to a stick out balcony: 5230, 5235, 5238, and 5245. the last two are handicap cabins and i see that if i book either of those two i run the risk of being bumped out if they are needed by someone with a disability. which is understandable. i'm going to ck dec 6 sailing and see if 5236 is available then. i'm flexible as to which of two sailings. i was just sticking with the nov 20 sailing because i'd be on a cruise thanksgiving. :)

KroozFoolz, I'm not particular about my sail date for 2009 as long as it's in late november or early december. so i was fine with a november 20th or dec 6 sailing if i could get cabin 5236 that i've heardyou speak of and that other people are raving about as i was trying to find info on cabin 5142. well, i just called carnival and they said 5236 was not available nov 20 nor dec 6 (I guess like you said it goes quickly) but it was available november 4th. So I took it!!! : ) This will the first time cruising this early (I try to get as far away from 'official hurricane season' as possible) so this will be a new experience vacationing a few weeks earlier. :)

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! :) even though this cruise is over 13 months away I like to research to make sure it is 'the' cabin I want so that if it's not i can change before the one that i 'really' want is gone. : ) from what i'm reading it seems like 5236 is a good move compared to my original 5142. i just wanna see a decent picture of this balcony all rave about. :) again, thanks for the pics link

Archived