Regal Princess??

morriscats

Regal Princess is an older ship in great condition. It is not the norm for Princess ships, though, and I would not suggest that it be your first cruise on Princess. Try the Coral to Alaska instead.

We have sailed the Regal to Hawaii, and loved her.....but we are already confirmed cruisers loyal to Princess. I just do not think it would be the best introduction to Princess cruises. If you do a search on this board, you will find many posts discussing the Regal.

We've done the Regal to Alaska out of San Francisco twice. It was wonderful! It is an older ship, but we like the smallness of it. The staff is wonderful. Lots to do on the days at sea. Look at my signature for a link to my website with pictures of my cruise on the Regal this past July.

We did the Regal out of San Francisco as our first Princess cruise and loved it. Being a local, like most who have answered this post, there is nothing quite like sailing under the Golden Gate. We had a fantastic experience. I had done a similar itinerary years ago with Sitmar. My husband have never been on a cruise and wasn't sure he would like it. Well, we will be on the Island in a few weeks! Book it and have a great time. The ship is great and sea days are wonderful. The proximity to home is an added bonus! Happy cruising! -Podge

There is no thrill like the thrill of sailing out of San Francisco Bay under the Golden Gate Bridge.

We've been on Regal Princess twice, and have booked 'round the Horn on her Mar 06.

We think the Regal a nice sized ship, with slightly larger than Princess' standard sized cabins.

She doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" of the newer ships, but has been well maintained.

I did the Regal to Alaska this past June. While there were some passengers saying that the staff were not up to their usual level of passenger service, I had a great time. The ship is a great size, making it ideal for crusing Tracy Arm and getting close to Sawyer Glacier. The room (oceanview, Deck 9) was roomy with more than enough storage.

I would certainly recommend this cruise.

Lesa

I went on the Regal out of San Francisco to Alaska last May. :D The weather was beautiful the whole we did hit a little drizzle in Juneau.It was their first trip of the season. It was also our first time on an Princess ship.:) We loved it.The ship wasn't too large and it was easy to find our way around. The staterooms were larger than most ships, because it was original built for Sitmar before Princess bought them. :) Kitsy I loved your pictures brought back a lot of memories. We also went on the Dog Sled on Wheels and loved it.:cool:

Delores

Archived