Info About Cars Left in Galveston

GarettsNana

I just spoke with the Claims Office for State Farm. This info only applies to those with State Farm insurance, I have no idea how other companies are handling their claims.

First, the police will have the vehicles towed to their impound lot.

Second, the police have to release the vehicle to State Farm, then State Farm will have it towed to a salvage lot in Houston.

Third, State Farm adjusters will look at the vehicle and contact the owner with a settlement offer.

Fourth, if you want to retrieve personal belongings from the vehicle, you will have to contact the salvage lot and travel to Houston to retrieve your belongings.

I have no information how other insurance companies are handling their claims, I've been told that some people already have checks in the mail for their vehicles. My information came directly from the State Farm Claims Office regarding THEIR procedures.

We went with our friends in their son's old pick up truck and parked at a friend's condo on the higher side of the island behind seawall. Our friend reported today that the water came up to the outside mirrors. As you might imagine, it did not start. Looks like the son is getting a new truck:rolleyes:

Yep, or just a little bit of money and a big car payment.

Archived