Melbourne Beach area hotels

kfezz

I admit I've lurked these boards for several years and have always found answers and lots of ideas, but I need some help. We are sailing on the Mariner of the Seas on 12/14 and will be arriving a day early and have reservations to stay in Cocoa Beach. We have all decided that we hate sitting in the airport the day we return to port, so we have booked our return air to Kansas the following day. We would like to book rooms in a hotel that is on the beach and in a different area that we can all "hang out and relax", and we will have a rental car. We have a family tradition of not exchanging Christmas gifts, we travel instead. 2 children will be on semester break from college and the 3rd has a very stressful job. I'm looking for a nice hotel, maybe in the Melbourne area,, but open for any suggestions. Thanks!

I admit I've lurked these boards for several years and have always found answers and lots of ideas, but I need some help. We are sailing on the Mariner of the Seas on 12/14 and will be arriving a day early and have reservations to stay in Cocoa Beach. We have all decided that we hate sitting in the airport the day we return to port, so we have booked our return air to Kansas the following day. We would like to book rooms in a hotel that is on the beach and in a different area that we can all "hang out and relax", and we will have a rental car. We have a family tradition of not exchanging Christmas gifts, we travel instead. 2 children will be on semester break from college and the 3rd has a very stressful job. I'm looking for a nice hotel, maybe in the Melbourne area,, but open for any suggestions. Thanks!

Here is a link that will answer all your questions

http://www.melbournebeachnow.com/

kfezz- where in KS are you?? I'm in Johnson County. The weather is so great here right now it's hard to imagine I'll soon be wanting out....oh, but I will.

We're cruising out of Port Canaveral for the first time next March (first time at Port Canaveral, not on a cruise) and are trying to get a deal on a rental car. Where did you get yours?

I'm not having as much luck on Priceline or Hotwire as I usually do. At one point I'd gotten an amazing price for a car at Avis for a little over 100.00 for the week with a discount code recommended on the boards. The code turned out to be an Avis employee rate so didn't think I'd better use that one.

We are in Bonner Springs, so we are very close to you. This will be our first cruise out of Port Canaveral also, but our 3rd on RCCL. I have our rental cars reserved thru Avis - used AARP rates and did okay. We have the car for one day pre-cruise and then another day after we return to port. I agree the weather now is great, but I am still counting down the days till I'm on the deck of the Mariner with a Rum Runner in my hand!

Shirley - thanks for the link - now to decide between the Radisson or the Crowne Plaza. They both look very nice.

They really look great from the outside although I really dont know anything about them.

Make sure when you are renting a car here in Cape Canaveral, tell them you are off this board for they will either meet or beat other prices.

I love working with Stephanie Bailey at Thrifty/Dollar, Bob and Jerermy at Avis and Pat at Budget.

Archived