St. John - Reversing Falls

den361

I'm not exactly sure how the Reversing Falls work as far as knowing the best time to get there. We are crusing w/ Princess and will be in port Oct. 16, 2008. I looked up the tide schedule for that day (low - 7:07am

high - 1:14 pm). Any suggestions on when to go and the best/economical

way to get there?

I'm not exactly sure how the Reversing Falls work as far as knowing the best time to get there. We are crusing w/ Princess and will be in port Oct. 16, 2008. I looked up the tide schedule for that day (low - 7:07am

way to get there?

If you scroll down to "2008 FAQ's for Saint John, NB" you will find the questions you asked answered as well as many other questions you may have. I just checked and I see Acey and I have both posted answers to your specific questions on the last page of the thread. If you still have questions, come back and we will be happy to help.:)

If you scroll down to "2008 FAQ's for Saint John, NB" you will find the questions you asked answered as well as many other questions you may have. I just checked and I see Acey and I have both posted answers to your specific questions on the last page of the thread. If you still have questions, come back and we will be happy to help.:)

I guess I'm showing my ignorance, but where do I scroll to? I don't see "2008 FAQ's for Saint John, NB" by scrolling down, nor did I find it on FAQ or on "Search". All I got there was that Search is temporarily down.

I guess I'm showing my ignorance, but where do I scroll to? I don't see "2008 FAQ's for Saint John, NB" by scrolling down, nor did I find it on FAQ or on "Search". All I got there was that Search is temporarily down.

You have to go back to the "Canada" page and scroll down. At present the last post was Sept 20th but that may change by the time you see this. In that case it would be near the top. It says "Updated for 2008 FAQ's for Saint John, NB."

way to get there?

Take the city bus (going West, I believe #4 )in front of City Hall. Ask the bus driver to let you off at the Falls. There is a restaurant/gift shop/observation deck across from the bus stop where you can observe. Return bus stop is on same side as restaurant. It's a 10-15 minute ride and costs $2.25 each way. Canadians are very friendly and helpful. Don't hesitate in asking them whatever you need to know.

I would suggest getting there around 12:30pm for the 1:14pm high tide.

We walked there 2 weeks ago. It is 2 1/2 miles each way and takes about 40 minutes. There is a red sidewalk to follow so it is easy, although part of it is uphill and on a busy road. We were rather disappointed in what we saw there though. The "falls" aren't visible and all we saw were some rapids. We were there at 1:00 and the reversal was expected at 5:00. The official website suggests going during low tide and at high tide and watching from another location. Perhaps that would have made it more interesting.

We walked there 2 weeks ago. It is 2 1/2 miles each way and takes about 40 minutes. There is a red sidewalk to follow so it is easy, although part of it is uphill and on a busy road. We were rather disappointed in what we saw there though. The "falls" aren't visible and all we saw were some rapids. We were there at 1:00 and the reversal was expected at 5:00. The official website suggests going during low tide and at high tide and watching from another location. Perhaps that would have made it more interesting.

"Falls" is a misnomer but they have always been called that. They are really a set of rapids that become very extreme as you approach either high or low tide.

"Falls" is a misnomer but they have always been called that. They are really a set of rapids that become very extreme as you approach either high or low tide.

Thank you for all the information you have shared. I just want to clarify one thing...low tide when we arrive is at 6:25 am, so if we get there before 8, will we see anything worthwhile or should we just bag it? I'm not an early morning person, so I need motivation.;) Thanks again.

Thank you for all the information you have shared. I just want to clarify one thing...low tide when we arrive is at 6:25 am, so if we get there before 8, will we see anything worthwhile or should we just bag it? I'm not an early morning person, so I need motivation.;) Thanks again.

They will still be running at quite a clip then.

Archived