Between Meal Snacks??

AlanAD62

I find it hard to believe that anyone who has cruised before does not know that you cannot take produce off the ship. Every Royal Caribbean cruise we have ever been on (and we just got back from #8 2 weeks ago) has a sign at the gangway as you depart in each port advising that you cannot take these items from the ship. There is normally even trash can sitting there to dispose of such items before exiting the ship. They even stopped DH when exiting the Mariner in Cozumel on 09/12/2008 and would not let him take off a cup of coffee. We know you cannot remove produce but never even thought they would stop of cup of coffee.

Actually, it never even entered my mind, and I have certainly cruised before. As it happens, I don't think we ever have taken any produce off the ship, but I would not have hesitated to do so, if I had not seen or heard regulations to the contrary, and honestly, I don't remember ever seeing any. Doesn't mean there weren't any, but I sure don't remember seeing them.

I do think that if such things are prohibited, then before departure is allowed, shipboard announcements should be made in each port.

This is good info though, so I'm glad it came up. I'll pay more attention to this on our next cruise! I just did a google search and found this from the NZ site - man are THEY strict!!

Information about what you can and cannot bring into New Zealand will be broadcast over the ship's public address system.

All landing passengers will have to fill out a New Zealand Passenger Arrival Cardpdf-icon.gif (150 Kb) and hand this to a MAFBNZ Clearance Officer. Heavy penalites exist for false declarations.

Passengers and crew will then be asked to present their hand luggage for inspection to the MAF Biosecurity New Zealand Clearance Officers stationed at the gangway. MAF Biosecurity New Zealand Detector Dogs may also be used. Suitcases also may be inspected or x-rayed on arrival.

You will not be allowed to take the following from the vessel:

• Fresh fruit and vegetables
  • Meat of any kind
  • Honey
  • Prepared meals including sandwiches
  • Dairy products
  • Any other consumable food item
  • Flowers, seeds or plants
  • Non-commercially bottled drinking water. Only commercially bottled drinking water is permitted to leave the vessel without the permission of the MAFBNZ Clearance Officer.

Trust me, you will in no way, shape or form need a snack between the giant meals, lol. There were days that I couldn't even eat lunch and was barely hungry by dinner. All of the drinks may have contributed to that though :cool: . Seriously though, there is food available 24 hours so you don't have to worry.

Archived