Can I carry my own luggage off the ship?

megustamex

I'm assuming that if I just have a carryon sized bag for a 3-night cruise I won't have to have it out by 11pm the night before, right? I could just carry it to breakfast and leave the ship?

Yes, you're right. You just have to make sure that you sign up for "express luggage" on your cruise. I've never done it before, but I'm sure someone here has and can give you more details. In general, there will be an announcement made, and anyone who's doing the express debarkation can debark any time after that announcement is made.

You don't have to signup for anything. DCL lets everyone disembark as soon as the ship is cleared.

We just got off the Wonder. We were only on a 4 day cruise, but it was the DVC Member cruise so we got tons of gifts onboard. Plus we were at WDW for 7 nts prior, so we had lots of luggage.

I was too busy to pack up by 11pm the night prior, so I waited until after the Cruise Staff Happy Hour to even start packing! We took all of our luggage off the ship ourselves the next morning. It was quick and painless.

With a small duffle, I do not think it would be a big deal. For more luggage, it is usually frowned upon if you realize it or not. DCL does not like all of the luggage to be tracked across the perfect waxed floors. They even make it sound as if it is not an option. Also just to let you know too, if you are seen when getting off with all of your luggage, you are more likely to be stopped and searched through customs. I once heard one of the CDs telling a passenger that. He said, the other bags are sniffed out by K-9 prior to disembarkment. If you have it all with you, then it misses this step and you are more likely to get stopped. I was happy as the copuple was ahead of us (only had three suitcases though) and that meant easy custom sailing for us. We never have nothing we are worried about, I just do not want the hassel of the time inconvience of needing to stop. True enough that couple and the kid were the "Magic Number" that got stopped.;)

Archived