Mahuhual Beach Oxtankha lunch/massage review

pennstategal

Took open air bus into town for $3 each. Wow, those potholes readjusted my neck!

Strolled the “strip” and found Cuba Cigars! Headed to Oxtankha as recommended by someone on these boards. Great recommendation! We sat at the water’s edge in the shade. Ordered drinks and “just chips and salsa”. We got a basket of homemade chips and a huge tray with 4 types of salsas in it! Very yummy. Fran and Joy, so nice to spend the day with you guys there! Hubby got a massage from the girl right near the beach chairs there. She looked slight, but he said she was very strong. $20 for 45 minutes.

We got hungry later and hubby ordered shrimp ceviche, it was fantastic. I asked if they had anything that was NOT seafood. Emmanuel our waiter came back to say the owner just made a big pot of lentil soup. Not what you would think to order in Mexico, but I did. It arrived in a huge bowl, what we Americans call a Pasta Bowl! It was the best meal of the cruise! It had huge chunks of pork, sausage, potatoes, carrots and of course lentils. Served with a side of corn tortillas to wrap around the pork chunks. We both ate from this one portion and only ate about half of it! Served with it also on the side were small bowls of salt, cilantro and wedges of lime.

Also, stopped by a place called something like “water sports” cannot remember the exact name. It’s owned by some Californians but the staff are locals. Very friendly and they had the best selection of beverages on the strip. However, the menu posted was entirely American food, we just stopped for drinks. The owner gave us a 20 min. rundown on the history of the town. Super friendly!

I would recommend going into town for sure!! I spoke to a lot of people later that said they just stayed at the pier shopping area. Ohh what you missed!

Pennstategal

It's a restaurant/bar in the town. Yes, take a taxi to the town, you can walk the entire town by foot. Oxtankha is about 1/2 way down. Maybe if you search for that word, oxtankha you can read the other posts about it. I think I have it spelled right?

Pennstategal

Archived