Favorite Restaurants - PV with Ocean View

lovevacadays

What are your favorite restaurants in Puerto Vallarta for both lunch and dinner that have an ocean view?

I can make a list a mile long with this question...

My ULTIMATE favorite... La Dolce Vita--- This restaurant is on the malecon. You can sit either upstairs or down. Both seating areas have large open "window" areas which allow for ocean view. If you get there early enough for dinner, i believe they open at 5--you can request a table right next to the window. Since in Mexico, they never kick you out of a restaurant, you may eat pretty much until after the sun goes down. Prettiest sunset i have seen. The two pictures are from that restaurant. Both different nights. The cuisine is Italian and they have great food as well.

Le Kliff is always an option, but this is about 45 minutes away from town. You need a cab to get there, but it has definitely an unforgettable view. Many weddings are held there and the cool thing is, not only having a great ocean view-- you can see great wild animals which don't disturb you while eating around the premises.

La Palapa is also a favorite of many people. This has beach seating so you can't get any more ocean view than this place. Nice little romantic restaurant.

I'm a bit bias though, I love La Dolce Vita. There are plenty more along the malecon which you can see the ocean. Same as in old town, but these are my 3 fav's.

IMG_0900.jpg.2203f8493fb1b89fdaace79e26df518e.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg.a1c30c05dfc8ca687e0eebf188480ff9.jpg

What are your favorite restaurants in Puerto Vallarta for both lunch and dinner that have an ocean view?

I would have to echo Tgreene ... the list would be a mile long. Everything from pub grub on the beach to gourmet on the beach or up in the hills. Vallarta is a foodies paradise.

It would help if we knew a little about your taste in food ... what do you like to eat? And how much do you want to spend?

It would also help to know when your ship sets sail as a number of the better restaurants don't open for dinner until after 5 PM. Some are closed on Mondays too.

La Dolce Vita is a great place to eat. Here is the link to thier web site - http://www.dolcevita.com.mx/

La Palapa is always a great eating experience on the beach too (a little pricey) - http://www.lapalapapv.com/ or it's companion restaurant up in the hills overlooking the city: The Vista Grill - http://www.vistagrill.com/

Enjoy!

I would have to echo Tgreene ... the list would be a mile long. Everything from pub grub on the beach to gourmet on the beach or up in the hills. Vallarta is a foodies paradise.

It would help if we knew a little about your taste in food ... what do you like to eat? And how much do you want to spend?

It would also help to know when your ship sets sail as a number of the better restaurants don't open for dinner until after 5 PM. Some are closed on Mondays too.

La Dolce Vita is a great place to eat. Here is the link to their web site - http://www.dolcevita.com.mx/

La Palapa is always a great eating experience on the beach too (a little pricey) - http://www.lapalapapv.com/ or it's companion restaurant up in the hills overlooking the city: The Vista Grill - http://www.vistagrill.com/

Enjoy!

Yes!! Another great choice!! Vista grill!!

I agree 100% with MSN. Cuisine type, price etc is all important to know. Also don't forget, in PV, Ocean views are always nice. But those not along the ocean have incredible ambiance. For instance... Si Senior, a Mexican restaurant. That has one of the greatest set ups for a restaurant I've ever been in. Incredibly romantic and peaceful at the same time.

Thanks so much. There is four of us traveling - all gals. We pretty much like food. I would say, though, that Mexican and Italian are our favorites so thanks for the info on the Italian restaurant. We are on the Sapphire Princess in December. Leaving PV at 8pm. We are doing a tour until 2:30. In the past, I've gone to the Krystal Vallarta for lunch and pool time because the ship left at 5pm. Since Princess has changed the times, I thought we might all be able to get in a nice dinner. Price range: not sure what everyone wants to spend, we all live in So Cal so are used to paying in the $20-$35 range for dinner w/o drinks.

Tgreene - you mentioned Si Senor what do you like about this particular restaurant?

Thanks again, we have two cruisers with us that have never been to PV so very excited!

Tgreene - you mentioned Si Senor what do you like about this particular restaurant?

Si Senor would be an alternative to the ocean view restaurant. I've never really been a huge fan of Mexican food, but i loved the food at this restaurant. The quality of food was fantastic. That was the first thing i liked about this place.

Second, I am a sucker for a nicely designed place. My dad is in the building business, so from the beginning of my childhood, i have seen different structures of buildings and fell in love with this place. I will say, if it is not nice out, i would suggest a different restaurant. The outdoor seating is incredible. The restaurant is on the top of the hill along the malecon downtown. Since you have been there, invision with me for a minute. When looking i want to say its south, but the opposite from the ocean along the malecon, the road scales the hill going up. At the very top of the hill, pretty much hiding completely, there is Si Senor.

This restaurant's seating scales the hill as well. I want to say there are 3-5 different levels of seating each positioned with maybe 4 tables. The ground is a pretty stone, and you are surrounded by the lush greens of Mexico. Dur ring the sunset, you can see the colors of the sky which makes it for even better of an occasion. When it gets dark, the outside is nicely lit which provides for a nice evening.

It is fancy enough to use for an anniversary, but still suitable for enjoying with friends.

I can promise this place will leave you smiling.

I have attached a picture so you can get an idea of the place. If you look behind us, you can obviously see the greens. If you look behind us but lower, you will see the ledge which drops off to the lower level. Also, you are able to see the heads of others on the lower level.

The food which is almost gone are beef fajitas and chicken quesadillas. If you don't mind steering away from the sunset and ocean view, I would highly recommend this restaurant.

For my sake, if my girlfriend ever does read these boards, pretend you've never seen this picture ha ha!

I have been to PV for the past 9 years. I am no veteran, but I have eaten at many places so if you are looking for more suggestions, please do ask.

You and your friends I'm sure will love this place. Also, It is not incredibly expensive.

Oh, also forgot to add.. The tortillas are made fresh!!!

Please excuse my spelling in this post, I am writing it as I am studying for my exam tomorrow. Let me know if this has helped

IMG_0944.jpg.ecce673a4aee68948dd08c26133b322e.jpg

Exactly what date will you be in PV? Certain days in December are horrendous for traffic, which will have a bearing on where you might want to have dinner in order to not miss the sailing!

I would suggest Ah! Carumba, up on a hill overlooking the city and the bay.

Here is a comment posted by someone else on another forum (I was looking to find if it was open by 5, and found this): "We ate at Ah Carumba or shall I say feasted. We ended up at a gocart track one afternoon and rather than risk our necks crossing the highway/speedway we hailed a cab. Would you believe he stopped right there in the middle of the highway? Of course you would!! We jumped in and said we're hungry for shrimp and he delivered us to Ah Carumba. I though he was leading us to certain trouble but he was true to his word. Way up the hill with the most spectacular view of the bay and the best shrimp I ever ate in my life. We had six different kinds and they were as big as my fist served up on a big ole board! It was one of those spontaneous moments so no camera and just barely enough pesos to cover the meal for three of us. The meal rates up there on my lifetime top ten meals! I would love to have dinner there one day - I'm sure the evening view would be to die for! Ahhhhhhhhhhh Vallarta. "

The bacon-wrapped shrimp is to die for...too rich for me, but my husband always orders some, and the portion is enough that he will give me one (which is just the perfect amount for me) for some of my dinner. Margaritas are great, guacamole made at your table. Don't try to find it yourself the first time...take a taxi (although if you have enough time, you can walk downhill and get a taxi at Hidalgo Park).

• 2 weeks later...
I can make a list a mile long with this question...

My ULTIMATE favorite... La Dolce Vita--- This restaurant is on the malecon. You can sit either upstairs or down. Both seating areas have large open "window" areas which allow for ocean view. If you get there early enough for dinner, i believe they open at 5--you can request a table right next to the window. Since in Mexico, they never kick you out of a restaurant, you may eat pretty much until after the sun goes down. Prettiest sunset i have seen. The two pictures are from that restaurant. Both different nights. The cuisine is Italian and they have great food as well.

Le Kliff is always an option, but this is about 45 minutes away from town. You need a cab to get there, but it has definitely an unforgettable view. Many weddings are held there and the cool thing is, not only having a great ocean view-- you can see great wild animals which don't disturb you while eating around the premises.

La Palapa is also a favorite of many people. This has beach seating so you can't get any more ocean view than this place. Nice little romantic restaurant.

I'm a bit bias though, I love La Dolce Vita. There are plenty more along the malecon which you can see the ocean. Same as in old town, but these are my 3 fav's.

How far is La Dolce Vita from the Port ? Do you have to take a cab or is it walking distance? I am coming off the Carnival Pride.

thanks,

Mali

How far is La Dolce Vita from the Port ? Do you have to take a cab or is it walking distance? I am coming off the Carnival Pride.

thanks,

Mali

I am sorry to say La Dolce Vita is NOT in walking distance from port. Well, it is if you're in the mood for a nice long walk :D The optimal way to get there is by cab. It will most likely be a 40-50 peso cab ride equivelent to about 4-5 dollars U.S. The amount of time to take to get there depends on traffic. Typically at night, there is a bit more traffic getting into town. Max of maybe 10 minutes.

The restaraunt is pretty much is in the center of the malecon.

The website to the restaraunt is http://www.dolcevita.com.mx/

Take a look at the galeria they have in a link on the webpage. I hope this is the type of restaraunt you would be looking for.

I would like to stress if you wish to see a sunset at a good seat, call before you leave for the cruise to make a reservation. I am pretty sure they allow them. Before they open for dinner, they have a line typically before they start seating. This is a prime spot for a sunset dinner.

Any cab driver will know this restaraunt. It is often the drop off spot when someone asks to go to the malecon.

If you have any other questions about this place, please ask. I love this place and will always make a stop there when I'm in PV.

The staff is incredibly friendly as well. We have seen several of the same staff there, and now actually are seated at their table always.

I hope I have helped.

Take a look at the hotel map I have provided. The Pier can be located west of the airport. That little nook of water is the pier/marina. The Restaraunt is located south along the water where it says downtown. Those streets are incredibly small on this map so its difficult to give you a specific location. To the east of the rio, pretty much smack dab in the center of the downtown area. It may look long but it isn't i promise =)

p_vallarta_hotel_map.jpg.a09c776ab8f2f9d7e557a1f69bc97ba6.jpg

Archived