Grand Turk diving resumes in Oct

scubaran

Hi,

For you out there that have dove with Mitch at Blue Water Divers, or are looking to dive in Grand Turk, they posted the following a few days ago. Looks like it was bad but like all things, improving over time. :)

Update: 09/26/2008

We are happy to say that although hurricane IKE did hit Grand Turk as a category 4 on Sept 6th, we at Blue Water Divers, (and the rest of the island) still have much to be grateful for... While it will no doubt be sometime before everything is back to normal, we are very pleased to say that as of today, MUCH PROGRESS has been made. Several locations on the island should get power back by Oct 1st.

As far as diving and hotel accommodations are concerned - the Osprey Beach Hotel has been running off its own independent generators since the storm. They are accepting bookings for October and plan to honor all existing bookings. The beach side rooms were not damaged, and the Atrium rooms are already under repair and should be back soon.

At Blue Water Divers we have dive boats that are ready to go , and we should be up and running by early Oct. We are all really looking forward to diving again. Preliminary reports about the conditions of the wall are all very favorable, and we couldn't be more pleased.

We would like to extend a sincere heartfelt thanks to all who have offered their best wishes and helped us out....it does mean a lot to us, and rest assured that we are all OK and looking forward to getting back at it .....

In the meantime, if anyone has any questions or concerns, please forward them to Mitch directly at rollingmitch32@gmail.com

I have been emailing blue water divers for the past several months to get more info on using them for a discover scuba excursion for ma and my fiance. However, I have never received an email back. I have even tried to call, back in july.

I have been emailing blue water divers for the past several months to get more info on using them for a discover scuba excursion for ma and my fiance. However, I have never received an email back. I have even tried to call, back in july.

Hummm... They've always replied back to me... :p Try sending an e-mail directly to Mitch Rolling, the owner. His address is in the orginial post.

Randall

Diving with them Oct 27th.

We dove Grand Cayman 1 month after Hurricane Ivan hit them a few years ago... the wall dive was really unchanged except for a little extra sand in some of the swim throughs. But on the shallow dive there was definately damage to the reefs.

We dove with Mitch (Blue Water Divers) last Nov... so I will have a good reference to any before and after changes this dive. I'll be shooting HD video again.

As scubaran said they are usually really good about responding. Keep in mind their business e-mail has been down since the hurricane... but it should be coming back up soon.

Archived