Cozumel Water Sports Catamaran Excursion

Roxxy

Thanks Tom -

Has this company (Manta Sports) been bought by Cozumel Water Sports? It looks like the same catamaran. They said the 'other' catamaran excursions have up to 100 people on them and this one will only take about 40-45. The best in Cozumel!!:rolleyes:

Are they a reputable company?

Thanks Tom -

Has this company (Manta Sports) been bought by Cozumel Water Sports? It looks like the same catamaran. They said the 'other' catamaran excursions have up to 100 people on them and this one will only take about 40-45. The best in Cozumel!!:rolleyes:

Are they a reputable company?

CWS is just a reseller of tours. They work on commission. I could sell you that tour as well! The other cats can have up to 128 on them, but you'll rarely see that outside of a few months in High Season. The Manta actually used to be one of the Fury Catamarans, but was sold about 6-8 years ago. The crew is actually very good, I've worked with some of them in the past! :) To clarify further, any catamaran going to snorkel in the Marine Park (roughly, from the Puerta Maya Cruise ship pier southwards), can only have a max. of 60 passengers on board per Marine Park rules. So even if you were going with another company, they won't have more than 60 on board unless they're NOT taking you snorkeling in the MP. If that's the case, it's hardy worth booking the tour anyway! If the snorkeling aspect of the tour is really important to you, find a tour that takes you to Columbia or Palancar reefs. Preferably both as they're right next to each other.

Hey Tom,

We will be in Cozumel next week and are looking for a good catamaran for snorkeling. We have been on the Fury tour before but we have a 7 year old and their minimum age is 8 (thru Carnival I think). So we were trying to find something else. Any ideas. Thanks for your help

Has anyone booked this excursion through them? They have a 52 ft Catamaran that does snorkel tours leaving at 10:30 a.m.

Doesn't seem to be much information about the company on the boards.

We booked the underwater scooter excursion with Cozumel Water Sports for our cruise last week. We were unable to do the excursion due to the weather. I emailed them late thursday and my money was refunded yesterday. Although, I can't say anything about the excursion they seem to be a good company to deal with.

Archived