What is your favorite thing about cruising?

CruisinAsh

The food! Trying new things, not having to cook it or clean it up! Asking for something else if I did not like the first thing I ordered. Asking for more if I loved it! Seeing the beautiful displays on the midnight buffet!

I also love the relaxation time and doing new and adventurous things I don't normally get to do. My DH and I are doing the Zip Line in St. Lucia this year and we are thrilled!!!

Ever since that magical moment on my first cruise when I got up, went to the Lido Deck for breakfast and got a glimpse out the window of a completely different port than the day before, THAT is the moment I treasure the most each and every cruise. That "Ah! I'm on a CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!" Totally different feeling for me than a land-based vacation for a week at a hotel or resort because of the different places and things to experience each day.:D

There are so many things I like about cruising but I would say overall it gives my family a chance to all do things they want to do and not feel guilty about it. We have done several cruises and plan things together and apart then we all share are experiences over an awesome dinner in the dining room.

Those memories are priceless. My brother who was only 24 passed away last year from an accident. And my grandparents went on a cruise with us - it was the last vacation he went on before he passed away.

The memories my kids have of both of them and our vacations together always bring a smile to their faces. Now that is priceless.

Sorry, got a little sentimental. :o

Archived