Carnival Valor ?

lgionet

Hello, I'm new to this site - this is a great site !

I have been on 5 cruises before but this will be the first with DS. He will be 7 months when we go on the Carnival Valor in January. Does anyone have pictures of the kids swimming area ? Also, I know it says on the carnival site that he cannot go in the water - does the Valor have a small area for younger kids ?

Thanks !

The Valor doesn't have a play area for babies, just the normal pools that all the conquest class ships have. My son is going to be 7 months when we cruise with him in February and we are planning on taking a small inflatable pool that we can set up in an out of the way location for him to play in. He really loves the water, he's been swimming with me since he was 6 weeks olds. I don't want him to miss out or break any rules.

We were just on the Valor in Sept - and yes there is a kids pool - I would say the pool was about a feet deep or maybe at the most 1 1/2 feet. It is at the front of the ship and right off from camp carnival. We saw lots of little babies in the pool with Mom/Dad and one little boy came a lot with his grandma. If you have any other questions let me know and I will try to answer them.

I am very interested in finding out if that kids' pool is for toddlers in swimmies too. We sail on the Valor on Jan 11, 2009 and DS will be 23 months. I didn't think there would be anywhere for him to swim and will be bringing his blow-up pool/tub again. I'll have to do some research! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Valor in June in the Western Carib, and the "baby" pool outside Camp Carnival (off to the side) was hardly ever used. When it was, there were definitely babies with swim diapers in it. My 2 year old twins liked playing next to it in the outdoor shower-one time. We would've gone in if they wanted to (with swim diapers). No one seemed to be around to police the "no swim diapers" rule which I also did NOT see posted anywhere. Now, I suppose it's possible to have someone object to your little ones being in there with swim diapers and getting someone to enforce it, but it seemed unlikely. We brought a special blow up pool that we never ended up using.

Have a fun time!

-Peace

• 2 months later...

I am so glad to hear the valor kiddie pool may allow infants to wade in the water! We cruise the Valor on Jan 25th and I just learned today that they don't allow non potty trained babes in the pools, I came on this site to review that rule and you have all made me feel much better! I didn't know how I would explain to our 19 month old who is a fish for water that she couldn't go in!!! I will buy a blow up pool to tag along just in case though! Thanks for your posts!

Yay!!! I too am so happy to hear this news! We will be on the Valour on Jan 4th and was worried my ds at 11mths would not be able to get in a pool. I purchased the inflatable duck, but it just isn't the same. Maybe we will just use it as a bathtub. Thanks for sharing all your info!

Archived