Solstice April 5th Cruise

cruiser53

Hi Dean,

Great photos, our group is all anxiously awaiting April 5th. Our friends Neville and Edward will be arriving from Australia on the 27th and styaing with us for a week prior to the cruise. All our other friends will be joining us on the ship. I tell you with all this gloom and doom on TV every night this is the only thing that brings a smile to our face. Looking forward to meeting you all soon. Have we nailed down the sail away at the Mast Bar, if so what time.

Tony & Frank

folks, in reading the other (main) thread, it looks like the they plan on meeting at the mast bar as well....OOPS. A couple of options are 1) The Sunset Bar (back of the ship) 2) Oceanview bar (back of ship, 1 floor down) 3) Pool Bar (Pool level, DUH!) These are all the outdoor bars.... Thoughts anyone?

First of all, Dean please email me. I deleted your email address - again :mad:

Secondly, I am SO ready for this cruise but I'm afraid a week won't be enough. Oh well, I'm going to savor every moment of it.

I've even started to assemble my wardrobe (how gay is that?). I AM going to try to pack light, truly I am!

I want to go NOW!!!!!!!!:D

Hi Guys,

Well you will all be happy to know that its getting nice and warm here in Florida, its in the low 80's today, so by the time we leave it will be nice and toasty.

I presume from the threads that the consensus is to meet at the Sunset Bar ?????

19 days to go, but who's counting.......

Tony

Ok, so I'm pretty much done with the wardrobe planning now I'm moving on to an extremely CRITICAL matter - COCKTAIL PLANNING and this one sounds delicious!

It's called the Eureka and it's the signature cocktail of the Sunset Bar where we are having our sailaway toast!

1.5 ounces of Bombay Sapphire Gin

0.5 ounce of Triple Sec

5 ounces of white Ocean Spray cranberry juice

3 fresh basil leaves

4, 1/2 inch cubes of fresh cucumber

Muddle the cucumber and basil leaves together in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.

Add the remaining ingredients and ice; shake and pour into a highball glass.

Garnish with a wedge of cucumber.

I'm ALMOST tempted to try to make one before the cruise but I think I'll wait to have my very first one onboard the ship!!!

Bottoms up!!!

Hello Boys

We vote for the Sunset Bar too - God we wish we were going with y'all!!!! You look after our Tony and Frank because we are looking forward to cruising with them again :D

Best wishes from Ken & Phill in Brighton ;)

If at the Sunset Bar, I'd also HIGHLY recommend a Summer Solstice or a Mango Mama!!! I sailed on Solstice 3/8-3/15 and she is without a doubt the BEST SHIP on the waters right now! I enjoyed the cruise so much that I'm trying to book a quick 4 nighter on Summit or Century. Celebrity is absolutely awesome. I say that after having been on 3 RCCL (all gay) cruises.

HAVE FUN (as if you need me to remind you)! I wish I could join you!

Hey PRGymnast - I wish you guys were joining us too - you guys are HOT!!!!!

I want to try ALL the various cocktails on the ship - good thing we have a few sea days :) :) :) :)

Cheers!

Hello all.

I just wanted to pass on some information about buying liquor ahead of time to have in your room.

If you go to http://www.celebrity.com/gifts you can actually pre-buy several different types of liquor and have them in you room and waiting for you when you board. You get one 750 ml bottle, a six-pack of soda of your choice and a tin of assorted gourmet nuts.

Here's the kicker! Each package is $80 - $100. That's right, for 750 ml.

We have done this in the past on Celebrity and although it seems like a lot, when compared to the price of a regular gin and soda at a bar. it is really not that much more. We always get the soda program on the ship too (which you can also buy in advance online). This helps for additional mixers. Ultimately we found we drank less alcohol on the cruise because when you are pouring your own you can control the amount of booze.

Anyway, I am sure some you have your ways of smuggling liquor on, but if you wanted to do it the Celebrity way (LOL), this information is for you.

Can't wait to see you all soon.

Kevin

SIDE NOTE TO SDGUY: How's the swim suit shopping going?

Hmmm, I'll have to take a look at those packages. Other than a few of the yummy specialty cocktails, I'm a white wine drinker - any wine in the packages?

As far as the swimsuit, I bought one that I think it modest but Steven said NO. I'm still going to bring it maybe for those evening dips in the jacuzzi -which better be open later at night or ELSE!!!!

You can pre-purchase wine to have in your room too. However you can do that on the ship as needed. They have a wine room service menu and I think the price is about the same. They do not allow you to buy liquor bottles to your room (at least they never used to).

I want to see that immodest suit and decide for myself. I think we all need to see it and take a vote. Who am I kidding? Even without seeing it I would vote yes. You should see what I am going to wear. Scott's (flclsax ) student that is going to be on the ship will be like "Wow mommy and daddy. Look at that big fat hairy man wearing a thong with my teacher." Sorry Scott. LOL. Don't worry Scott, I'll have board shorts on MOST of the time.

Seriously though, that is a bummer about having one of your students aboard. What grade is he? Maybe he'll be hidden away in all those places they put the kids that I never go to.

1 week until most of us fly out to Fort Lauderdale! WOO HOO! I am not sure about anyone else, but I am getting very excited for this trip. Can't wait to meet all of you on board for our first glass of champagne! (LOVE that celebrity does that)

So it looks like the sunset bar is the place for sail away! Not sure about anyone else, but we will be boarding as soon as possible on sunday, its like 1 more day at sea, and it gives us plenty of time to tour the ship before the muster drill.

lets see.... now where is that suit case.....

We'll be headed for BISTRO on FIVE, from what I understand it's open for lunch on embarkation day and looks like a totally cool alernative to fighting the hoards in teh buffet :) :) :)

Archived