So what about a CC cruise???

Looking great. Have sent Laura at CC's at email giving her a heads up and asking if a Australian cruise possible. An automatic reply came back letting me know she is on holidays but will reply ASAP.

Have started a book keeping a list of names and numbers and will add email when I get them.

Numbers at moment stand at 28 Adults & 12 children (possibly a few more) Approx 15 cabins..

Is everyone happy for me to run with this as group Leader?? , just thought since I kind of started the flow of things. But dont just want to take over.

:p Kelly

Hi Kelly, (gkaclt)

Have sent you an email so you can add my details to your list.

Are we looking at the cruise being in the September school holidays (might make a difference and get more/less people).:confused:

Any ideas on destination for cruise, it will be Pacific Dawn right, which leaves from Sydney, maybe we can also get a good deal on return flights for those interstate (eg Qld).

Happy for you to run with being leader, if all goes well you will deserve the perks they mention, a lot of work to organise.

Cheers

Jingles.

Wow ... I can't believe how many are interested, I'm so glad I started this thread. September 2010 gives us ample time to get finances & everything else in order. If possible, can it be in the school holidays? In Sept 2010 my son will be 16 & my daughter will be 13.

Bring it on!

Cheers everyone,

PAC:D

we're in!!

It'll be hubby, DS (who will be 18:eek: ) and DD (who will be 16:eek: ) and myself. We just might need to work around DS year 12 exams but should be ok as he is doing most of it next year and only has 2 subjects to do when he is in Year 12.

Wow - its amazing how time flies with kids getting older

Would love to experience the Pacific Dawn as we have generally sailed out of Brisbane as its closer to family.

Rach

Its is going to be hard to please everyone since some will want NSW holidays and others QLD holidays. My thought is the just go with a date that suits both CC's and P&O. Will depend on sail date they already have planned.

:o Kelly

Its is going to be hard to please everyone since some will want NSW holidays and others QLD holidays. My thought is the just go with a date that suits both CC's and P&O. Will depend on sail date they already have planned.

:o Kelly

Hi Kelly,

According to Education Qld, the September school holidays in 2010 will be 18/9/10 to 3/10/10 - see http://education.qld.gov.au/public_media/calendar/holidays.html

(love the above, covers my 40th and 16th wedding anniversary LOL):rolleyes:

and NSW school holidays will be 25/9/10 to 10/10/10 :eek: see - http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/calendar/?do=setViewPeriod

We usually have 1 week that overlaps so could work to please both states. Sorry other states didn't look them up.

So looks like 2nd week of Qld holidays and 1st week of NSW holidays overlaps and would suit both states.:D

Cheers

Jingles:cool:

Those dates of the school holidays which overlap (QLD and NSW) sound perfect to us. My son will be in year 12 so as its a very important year he wouldn't be able to go unless school hols.

It would be our 20th wedding anniversary too. Sounds like the perfect trip to me. Ohh and just before my 40th...so i can really enjoy the last days in my 30's.

And yes thankyou kindly for organising this. Hope you can get many perks for arranging it.

Annette :) :)

So looks like 2nd week of Qld holidays and 1st week of NSW holidays overlaps and would suit both states.:D

Cheers

Jingles:cool:

also, the 2nd week of QLD and 1st week of NSW would work for me as NT holidays are 25/9/10 to 3/10/10 - this would also equal less disruption for DS in year 12!!! Have just told kids and they are really excited!!!!!

Cheers Rach

I just had a bit of a fiddle around the P&O site and noticed that for 2009 they have a cruise on the pacific dawn departing sydney on 25/09/09 going to poum, noumea and isle of pines for 8 nights or the pacific sun departing brisbane on 26/9/09 for 7 nights going to noumea, lifou and vila.

so that should give all an idea of what might be available. we would probably be able to get firmer dates from the ports websites but I can't remember how to get to them.

Cheers Rach

also, the 2nd week of QLD and 1st week of NSW would work for me as NT holidays are 25/9/10 to 3/10/10 - this would also equal less disruption for DS in year 12!!! Have just told kids and they are really excited!!!!!

Cheers Rach

Hey Rach,

I notice you have a son the same age as mine. Well maybe a year older, Jake is 14 now and in year 10 this year (youngest in his year as he skipped a year). But by cruise time will be in year 12. Nice to know he will at least have someone his age to hopefully click with.

We have another one too but he's 17 now and an apprentice so probably won't be able to get holidays.

Annette :) :)

I wouldn't mind being kept in the loop, with info recieved about prices and dates etc, although i really don't know if we'll be able to come along....but hey i'll keep the dream alive for the time being :D

I would also like to be kept up to date with prices etc. I will be doing my first cruise next March (taking mum for her birthday) and I'm sure when I return I will also be addicted like all you lovely people and will probably want to do another cruise. Might let hubby come along next time:D

Pam

I'd certainly like to be kept in the loop - might just be me but then again there might be another female solo traveller who'd be keen for a room companion?? My email address is d j small @ orcon . net . nz (no spaces). Dates aren't really an issue though if they coincide with NZ school holidays, my daughter would no doubt be keen - she'll be 13 in 2009.

Great concept - happy to help with organisation once things get underway - one of my forteits (references available from hubbie!)

Jo

Archived