Food for Baby

yaletown605

We are travelling with my brother and parents. My brother has a one year old baby. She doesn't eat packaged baby food, only home-made stuff. Mostly rice porridge with meat or veggie. Is it possible for her Mom to ask the kitchen the puree some rice and meat etc. for her.

Otherwise does she need to bring some stuff herself.

We are travelling with my brother and parents. My brother has a one year old baby. She doesn't eat packaged baby food, only home-made stuff. Mostly rice porridge with meat or veggie. Is it possible for her Mom to ask the kitchen the puree some rice and meat etc. for her.

Otherwise does she need to bring some stuff herself.

You didnt say what line you are traveling on but with RCCL I can tell you the answer is yes, you can request pureed fod.

In general, do a forum search on "puree" or "baby food" / "babyfood" for more info.

We were on Carnival and they chopped the food up for us to our desired texture on our cruise.

I would think that if it's a simple process to puree it - and not something "special" needed that they'd do it!

I don't know about most kids, but I know my kids by the age of 1 or shortly thereafter were able to eat a lot of table foods just mashed slightly with a fork. Rice is especially easy for them to eat, because it's naturally small and doesn't need to be pureed.

I would think that most noodles, things like peas, mashed potatoes, etc. could be eaten this way.

Oh, and they are only 12 and 8 now, so it's not like this was 100 years ago (in case that matters to anyone)

We cruised last month and our daughter had just turned nine months old. We actually got her switched over to table food just prior to the cruise and it worked wonderfully. We did take a few jar of food with us but didn't end up using it.

My DS was 13 months old when we cruised and he ate right off the menu. We cut up, mashed or did whatever necessary but he was fine. I also made all his baby food which I think helps with the transition to table food as it's the same food mashed up. We did pack his favorite snacks and had no problem getting boxes of cheerios for him.

We just got back after sailing with Princess and they were more than happy to help with anything I needed, including rushing ds' order in the dining room, way before our appetizers even arrived. Like the pp, he eats table food though, and is 8 months. I had absolutely no problem finding something for him to eat for every meal.

Archived