Dinner & Drinks in Fort Lauderdale?

JessInNY

Hello All,

Less than a month now to my first cruise!!! I know I've said this many times before, but THANK YOU for all the useful info! I have more questions:

I am staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale:

Is there a liquor store near the Hotel, within walking distance?

Is there a grocery or convenient store near the Hotel, walking distance?

Does the Hotel have a shuttle that will bring us (8) to the Ship, or will we ned to get taxis -- if taxis, is there a better way?

And, lastly, can you suggest a place to eat near the Hotel, preferably within walking distance. I believe there is only a bar in the revolving "needle" at the Hotel, do they also serve food?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thank you. Have a nice evening!

Jess

You are in the middle of just about everything. To start off there is a grocery store (Publix) and a liquor store (Crown) about 3-4 blocks west of the hotel. Just walk over the big 17 street bridge and go past 2 traffic lights...the third light the stores are right there. The corner of 17 street causeway and Cordova. Also, as for food, you can take the water taxi, which is really nice, to the main stop(headquarters) and that will drop you off at the south end of A1A. On A1A you have many choices. At Beachplace, you have Hooters, Max's Grill, Lulu's Bait Shack, and Sloppy Joe's, and I believe one or two others. There is also shops and entertainment at Beachplace. You have many cafe resturants right on A1A. If you want more let me know, glad to help.

As for the shuttle to the pier, I do not know. Sorry I can't help you there. The Hyatt is in a great location and you will love it. Try to get a room in the tower on the south or west side that way you can see the port and see all of the ships! :)

Any other questions I will be happy to assist.

Tina

Max's beach place is great for dinner and has a wonderful happy hour special on good drinks. View of the ocean and ships travelling, it is a short cab ride from pier 66, we made reservations and went there after a water taxi ride.

There is also a liquor store across the road from the hotel that is convienent.

The Hyatt does NOT have a shuttle to the Pier. You will need to cab it. This should be <$10 depending upon whether you have to wait on the drawbridge or not.

The Pier Top Lounge also serves a limited food menu. Appetizers such as fruit and cheese plate, and other hot options. (VERY expensive. $12 martinis).

The hotel also has a restaurant and lounge in the lobby, a casual restaurant and bar by the pool, a casual restaurant and bar in the Marina where the water taxi stops and a formal restaurant near the Marina.

There is also a liquor store directly across the street from the hotel but I have never visited it. Usually go to Publix and liquor store previously described.

Let me know if you have other questions about the Hyatt. I have stayed here often.

I believe the Hyatt 66 is on the water taxi stop. You can purchase an all-day ticket for unlimited use for $5 pp. I would suggest going to the 15th Street Fisheries for a nice dinner. It is a bit pricey, but if you are seated before 5:30 p.m., you can get the Sunset Dinner (i.e., early bird) and it's $16.95 for a complete dinner, from appetizer to dessert. It is basically across the waterway from the Hyatt.

JessInNY,

Note that although the Publix is only a few blocks from the Hyatt, they are good size blocks. Plus the walk over the bridge alone is pretty far. I have made the walk between the Hyatt and the Publix three or four times and would estimate that it is about a 20-25 minute walk for the average person. I would also estimate it to be roughly 3/4 to one mile. also, as the bridge allows fairly tall sail boats through, it is of a significant height.

There are also several low to moderate priced restaurants near Publix and around the corner on Cordova. On Cordova you will find a couple of oyster bars, a seafood restaurant and an Irish pub. There are several others on 17th across from Publix.

Enjoy the cruise.

If you're thinking about going to 15th Street Fisheries, you better make sure you're seated before 5:30 to get the early bird special $16.95 because after that the cheapest thing on the upstairs dinner menu was $26.95!!! DH had the crab stuffed fish and I had the fish Dolphin Oscar. My fish was dry and tasteless and DH's tasted frozen, not fresh and the crab was all filler...no crab! Their homemade breads were good though. If it's a good meal, you don't mind paying, but it was not good. It was the worse meal of our vacation and overpriced too!!! :mad:

Hi JessInNewYork: Hope you have a great cruise - we are cruising on 11/20 on the Caribbean Princess and will be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale the Thursday before. We are staying at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper which is right on the water - it's a great spot. My favorite Restaurant - very reasonable - is the Oasis Cafe right as you turn onto A1A. They have seats that are swings that have awnings over them - it is so great and relaxing. We go there every time we go to Ft. Lauderdale. It is well worth it.

Enjoy your cruise - have fun! Happy Holidays!

Peggy Grant

Caribbean Princess 11/20/04

Costa Atlantica 4/01

Hi JessInNewYork: Hope you have a great cruise - we are cruising on 11/20 on the Caribbean Princess and will be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale the Thursday before. We are staying at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper which is right on the water - it's a great spot. My favorite Restaurant - very reasonable - is the Oasis Cafe right as you turn onto A1A. They have seats that are swings that have awnings over them - it is so great and relaxing. We go there every time we go to Ft. Lauderdale. It is well worth it.

Enjoy your cruise - have fun! Happy Holidays!

Peggy Grant

Caribbean Princess 11/20/04

Costa Atlantica 4/01

Peggy,

What kind of food is on the menu at the Oasis? Sounds like a place my friend and I would like. We are sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale on the Coral on 11/20 and flying in early.

Thanks.

PLEASE be aware that the liquor store/convience store across the street from Pier 66 has been under renovations. They were schedule to re-open the end of Oct or beginning of Nov. I have not been that way in over 2 weeks and can't say if it has open yet. If it has great, much closer, but be prepared if they ran into delays and didn't finish the construction on time.

Have a great cruise.

Tina

:) YOU WILL LOVE IT. HERE'S THE MENU - ANDDD, IT'S VERY REASONABLE AND THE LOCATION IS TO DIE FOR OVERLOOKING THE BEACH - WE'RE GOING THERE ONCE WE ARRIVE ON THE 18TH FOR SUPPER.

ENJOY/ HAVE A GREAT CRUISE / WE'RE OFF SAILING ON THE CP ON THE 20TH ALSO - HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Dining on the Fort Lauderdale Beach

STARTERS

Soup:
A bowl of our homemade soup.

Southwestern Quesadillas:
Trio of cheeses & marinated chicken folded in a 12" flour tortilla with sour cream, jalapeños & fresh salsa.

Smoked Salmon Dip:
Fresh Atlantic salmon smoked over natural wood chips. Served with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions & crackers.

Conch Fritters Tender:
Florida conch served golden brown with cocktail sauce for dipping.

Southern Fried Tenders:
Five whole tenders breaded extra crispy and served with BBQ or honey mustard sauce.

Oasis Award Winning Wings:
A dozen wings, weighing over a pound, dusted with our special seasoned flour. Your choice: mild, medium or hot; BBQ or garlic.

Buffalo Shrimp:
A 1/2 dozen, golden brown. Served with carrots, celery & blue cheese. Your choice: mild, medium or hot.

Baked Spinach Dip:
Spinach & artichoke cheese dip served with tortilla chips for dipping.

Fried Calamari:
Fried golden brown and served with marinara sauce.

Baked Maryland Crab Dip:
Served with tortilla chips for dipping.

Blackened Grouper Fingers:
Fresh grouper, blackened cajun-style and served with tartar sauce & lemon.

SANDWICH BOARD

The Half Pounder:
Extra lean ground beef, hand pressed into a half pound pattie, grilled to your desire.

Chicken Parmigiana:
Breaded chicken breast topped with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce.

Chicken Cordon Bleu:
Breaded chicken breast topped with ham & melted Swiss cheese. Served with a side of honey-dijon sauce.

Grilled, BBQ or Blackened Chicken:
A single breast. Try it with cheese.

Fresh Fish:
Fresh catch broiled, grilled or blackened

Turkey Club:
Deli sliced turkey, folded on a bakery fresh hoagie roll with bacon & Swiss cheese.

Oasis Club:
Deli sliced ham & turkey, folded on a bakery fresh hoagie roll with bacon & Swiss cheese.

WRAP-IT-UP

All served with chips.

Chicken Caesar Wrap:
Grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese & Caesar dressing wrapped in a garlic & herb tortilla.

Fresh Catch Caesar Wrap:
Grilled catch, romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese & Caesar dressing wrapped in a flour tortilla.

Turkey Twist:
Turkey, Swiss cheese, tomato, lettuce, bacon, sprouts & ranch dressing wrapped in a garlic & herb tortilla.

BLT Wrap:
Bacon, lettuce, tomato & American cheese served in a flour tortilla. Served with your choice of dressing.

Blackened Grouper Oriental Wrap:
Grouper, spinach, julienne vegetables & almonds with a toasted sesame wrapped in a flour tortilla.

Philly Cheese Steak Wrap:
Sautéed steak, onions, peppers, American cheese & tomatoes wrapped in a flour tortilla.

Key West Wrap:
Grilled catch of the day, lettuce, tomato & tartar sauce wrapped in a garlic & herb tortilla.

Monterey Chicken Wrap:
Grilled chicken breast, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, bacon & ranch dressing wrapped in a flour tortilla.

Buffalo Chicken:
Breaded chicken breast tossed in a mild wing sauce with lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese & bleu cheese dressing wrapped in a flour tortilla.

OASIS FAMOUS SALADS

Oasis Garden Salad:
Mixed lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion julienne carrots & alfalfa sprouts.

Oasis Caesar:
Crisp romaine lettuce tossed with traditional Caesar dressing, croutons & parmesan cheese.

Oasis Garden Salad or Oasis Caesar Salad With:

Blackened or Grilled Chicken

Blackened or Grilled Fresh Catch

Blackened or Grilled Fresh Shrimp

Chef's Salad:
Strips of ham, turkey & Swiss cheese over mixed lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, carrots & alfalfa sprouts

Cold Oriental Chicken Salad:
Marinated grilled chicken tossed with fresh vegetables & spinach in a toasted sesame dressing topped with mandarin oranges, shaved almonds & crisp lo mein noodles

HOMEMADE PIZZA

Cheese Pizza:
Homemade sauce & mozzarella cheese.

Pepperoni Pizza:
Homemade sauce, mozzarella cheese & pepperoni.

BBQ Chicken Pizza:
Sauced with mesquite BBQ and topped with grilled chicken, red onions, cheddar & mozzarella cheeses.

ENTREES

Sirloin Strip Steak:
A 10 ounce strip steak grilled to order. Served with house potatoes & corn on the cob
BBQ Chicken & Ribs:
A 6 oz. chicken breast and a half rack of BBQ ribs. Served with french fried & cole slaw.

Baby Back Ribs:
One pound of mouth-watering BBQ ribs. Served with French fries & corn on the cob.

Rib & Shrimp Combo:
Half rack of ribs with five golden shrimp. Served with french fries & cole slaw.

Steak & Shrimp Combo:
A 8 ounce grilled strip steak with 4 golden brown shrimp. Served with house potatoes & vegetables.

New England Fish & Chips:
Beer-battered cod, fried golden brown and served with french fries, cole slaw, tartar sauce & lemon.

Fresh Catch Dinner:
A generous portion of our fresh catch broiled, blackened, or grilled. Served with rice & vegetables.

Fried Shrimp Dinner:
Seven golden brown shrimp served with french fries and cole slaw.

Baked Crab & Shrimp Dinner:
Shrimp, crab, artichoke & a blend of cheeses baked casserole-style. Served with rice & vegetable medley.

Chicken Cordon Bleu:
Breaded chicken breast topped with ham & alfredo sauce. Served on a bed of tri-colored tortellini.

Chicken Parmigiana:
Breaded chicken breast topped with mozzarella cheese & marinara sauce. Served with fresh fettuccine

Seafood Tortellini:
Fresh fish, scallops & shrimp tossed with cheese tortellini & your choice of cream or marinara sauce

Oasis Café

600 Seabreeze Boulevard

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316

954-463-3130

Archived