Zenith Question

jenjes3

Hi husband & I are booked for the Zenith in May for our 25th wedding anniversary. This will be our first Celebrity cruise.. We have previously sailed with RCCL 6 times. I hope we will enjoy ship as much as others with RCCL. I think we will.... My question is .. when you move from Hamilton to St. George .. how long does it take? Are you there quickly or does the ship sail around? Can you be gambling when you are in port? shows? etc. Thank you for your help..

Karen

It takes maybe an hour and a half at most to move from Hamilton to St. George. They move at sunrise, so a lot of people just wake up and you're already in St. George.

There is no gambling while in port, and no shopping (on the ship) either. But they do have shows. The poolside entertainment is over early, because they cannot make noise after midnight, but there are shows every night in the show lounge.

You'll love the Zenith. It's a smaller ship, but very cozy. It was our first cruise, and I will always love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karen,

My DH and I are booked on the Zenith on May 21st. One of your other posts stated that you were thinking of this date. Is this the date you booked for?

If so, there is a Roll call for that date if you would like to join us. So far there are only 4 of us. (2 couples). Being new, not sure how the Cruise Critic party sign ups work yet, but hopefully one will get started and we will get 25 people to sign up. But so far the response on the roll call has been slow.

We are also going for our 25th wedding anniversary. However, this is our very first cruise. We are so looking forward to it. Especially me, since I am the one who reads these boards. Guess it makes my wait seem longer than my DH's.

Sounds like a great ship. My first thought was that I did not want to sail on a ship that looks like a hotel. After reading these boards I think we made a good decision all around (I did not find this site until after we booked),

Hope to see you at roll call.

I just got back from a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas on Zenith last Sunday. I had previously sailed on RCCL in the past two years, Serenade, Radiance (my all time favorite) and Enchantment, all were a great experience. My very wonderful husband treated my two sisters and I to this cruise as a last minute surprise. My one sister had cruised years ago once and the other had never been on one. I must say after sailing on RCCL I was abit upset with the size and age of the Zenith. There is no great "focus" area like the Centrum. The public bathrooms were far and few between and ugly with a waiting line at most, and the buffet restaurant was small and reminded me of a Navy ship mess hall. The ship's public rooms with low ceilings can be very SMOKEY. I was looking forward to a nice Cosmo at the Martini Bar but the smoke was overwhelming. I can usually handle this but this was bad. BUT, the food and service was excellent. A notch above RCCL. My sisters though the ship was wonderful and after a day or two I accepted the Zenith for what it was and just enjoyed. So, keep this in mind when you board, it will be different then what your use to. Have a great time.

hopefromboston

P.S.

If you have alot of hair bring your own hair dryer.

We sailed on the Zenith for the first time last year and really enjoyed our cruise. We weren't disappointed as we knew she was an older ship and we weren't expecting the glitz and glass of the newer ships. As said, she was warm and comfortable, well maintained and the service was excellent.

The hairdryers on the Zenith are actually the same as on all X ships unless you are in a suite or CC. The handles get very hot after a few minutes. :eek:

Archived