Star-Mexican Riviera

snapcutter

My wife and I are going on the Star on Nov. 21. We have been reading a lot of responses from different sites that the service and food is terrible. We cruised on the star a couple years back in Hawaii and it was fantastic. I find it hard to believe it has gotten this bad if the reviews are correct. I would appreciate any information from anyone who has gone on this cruise and relate your experiences.

Most of the reviews have been just fine on the food on the Star. There have been a few negative reports, but from people who probably don't like anything. I have heard over and over that the specialty restaurants are wonderful and well worth the small extra cost.

We're sailing on Nov. 13th, so will be just ahead of you. I'll try to post something more helpful before you sail.

:)

I just sailed on the Star and I would rate the food in the free dining areas from good to very good! We have tasted better on Disney and Carnival, but we really did enjoy dining on the Star. We never did pay a cover to eat in the specialty restaurants but we heard rave reviews.

Did you see the new Star Mexican Riviera review just posted today? That might be helpful. The only criticism was embarkation, which was VERY smooth for us the week before.

Good lucK!

shiprat

Just came back on the Star Thursday. Had a great time, the ship is beautiful. The service was always great and the servers always had a smile on their face. Very efficient. The food for the most part was good. We ate at the Versilles twice and had duck on the farewell dinner there that was one of the best I ever have had. We also had breakfast there a few times and it was very nice. We didn't eat at Aqua. We ate at the Market Buffet a few times for breakfast and lunch, it was okay but alot of the times cold. They did 2 BBQ's by the p[ool for lunch that were great. One was ribs and the other steaks grilled by the pool. Endless Summer and Tattoria are free restaurants that you need to make reservations for. They were quite good and not so crowded. Versilles is very noisy. Le Bistro is an extra $15 and worth every penny. One of the best dinners we have ever had anywhere and a very intimate setting with supurb service. Great plate presentation. And that is from my husband who is a chef. We were a little disappointed in Cagney's. $20 extra. The meat was excellent, but lacking in presentation and atmosphere. We also ate at Soho which was also great. $15 extra. Had a balcony room which was very nice. Loved the Balcony, spent a lot of time there. The showers are very roomy also.

This was our first time on NCL but won't be our last.

Cheryl

Archived